Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's Friday :cheer: I am so glad that it is the start of the weekend and I'll have two days to spend with my family. We have no plans at all which is fantastic :D

During my pregnancy with Evelyn I was part of a wonderful pregnancy/parenting forum and this week one of the women lost her precious baby boy to SIDS. I can not even begin to imagine the pain that she and her family feel right now. All I can do is make sure that I love my children and family and friends the best that I know how, because nothing in life is certain. And so, to hear my sons wake up delighted because the tooth fairy came and left them each a quarter means more to me than anything else right now.

I hope you all give your loved ones an extra :hug:: today.

Alison said:

I will if I ever get to see them! :(

I got a load of work to do urgent because it's for my friends job, my car club is going through some big changes that needs our attention and Saturday nights sky is going to be crystal clear so I'll be out all night/morning with the telescope.

It's gonna be a looooooong weekend! :lol:

PlasticSpanner said:
I will if I ever get to see them! :(

I got a load of work to do urgent because it's for my friends job, my car club is going through some big changes that needs our attention and Saturday nights sky is going to be crystal clear so I'll be out all night/morning with the telescope.

It's gonna be a looooooong weekend! :lol:
We're waiting for the sky to go clear here in Texas for some telescope action. :)

Alison said:
During my pregnancy with Evelyn I was part of a wonderful pregnancy/parenting forum and this week one of the women lost her precious baby boy to SIDS. I can not even begin to imagine the pain that she and her family feel right now.

ahh...that just saddens me alison.... i was thinking monday when i told my "child" good bye, how do parents who lose their child for good, ever get over it?
that has to be the hardest thing in the world... i will remember that family in my prayers...

hug and kiss evelyn for me... and your boys, cause i sure miss mine...i just wanna hear his voice so bad, it hurts....:(

It is. I'm grumpy too. Didn't sleep at all last night. Not letting HER sleep over again.

Going out to see my friends band perform tonight. Tomorrow...who knows.

Hope it's something low key. Can't really afford much more.

Also...next Tuesday will be the day I get my DSLR. SHWWEEEEET

It's a pretty happy Friday at my end. I'm broke as it's the wrong end of the month and payday is Monday. A friend of mine leaves for Australia soon for a year's work in vineyards, so we'll have a send-off for him.

Busy turning my office into a bedroom for young Tom, who will be moving in on his 18th birthday.

Still waiting for photos from the print exchange and waiting for my sofas which should be delivered next weekend!

Rob

What a tragedy, Alison. It does make you want to give extra hugs and enjoy the moment!!

Last night I gave my hulking 19 year old a big mama hug out of the blue....kinda surprised him, but he went with it and I got an "awww, Mom..." out of him. That's as good as it gets right now. :lol:

This weekend I will be...... (get ready for it) shooting with a digital camera. :shock: There's a bit of product photography I have to get around to finishing. hee hee

Ugly thing. ;)

Anyway, that'll be kinda different. Aside from that, no plans! I might cook something wonderful....I feel like some kitchen time. :love:

first day of school tomorrow - Ad/studio photography at SVA, NY!

Can't wait! :D

Thanks, Auntie Terri! :)

shooting with a digital camera
Hell freezing over, as I write this. I can hear it! :shock:

Well...I got one of those dreaded phone calls this morning at 5:30am. My dear friend Jill's father passed away. :( I was all set for a great weekend, I'm going to San Francisco...but my thoughts will be with her.

Alison said:
It's Friday :cheer: I am so glad that it is the start of the weekend and I'll have two days to spend with my family. We have no plans at all which is fantastic :D

During my pregnancy with Evelyn I was part of a wonderful pregnancy/parenting forum and this week one of the women lost her precious baby boy to SIDS. I can not even begin to imagine the pain that she and her family feel right now. All I can do is make sure that I love my children and family and friends the best that I know how, because nothing in life is certain. And so, to hear my sons wake up delighted because the tooth fairy came and left them each a quarter means more to me than anything else right now.

*Hugs my boy* :hugs:

Thats bloody sad about the woman losing her son :(

You're part of the ivillage parenting forums right ? My sister chats there in the May Miracles group. Her nickname is Cheeky_Nikki (or 'Nik' ).
I know how close she has gotten with other women in there, they seem to be close-knit communities.

Anyhoo, my weekend is one big move-fest to the parents-in-law's. I love my parents-in-law-to-be but I don't wanna live with em, eeek.

I shalt complain no further, It's only for 5 weeks....

:lol:

Lumi, I post on justmommies.com, great site and you do become very close after spending 9 months together talking about everything from heartburn to bladder control :lol: Good luck with the move, and I will say a little prayer that the next 5 weeks sail by for you!

Traci, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's father :(

Uncle Dan, wow that looks like a great school! I'm jealous!

Terri, I hope you won't be sharing your digital experience with your film cameras, they may disown you ;)

Aprilraven, I kissed her for you. I haven't put her down today...all too soon she will not want to be held my Mom & Dad anymore so we savor this time :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back