It’s here already! My new Fuji XF10. Test photos added

CONGRATS on Explore!!

Thanks Cheryl. I was wondering why my phone had so many notifications all of a sudden. Lately I only post on Flickr if I need to host the photo for posting here!

I recently went on a fuji photo walk and chose to use the XF10. I was the first one there and could have picked several but wanted to experience this as I have come to like the X-M1 even though it is fiddly.

I have found an interesting thing using a camera without a viewfinder....I pay way more attention to compostion or I see it better? I attribute it to the lack of concentration used in focusing. I have become very good at zone focus, thanks to film and I was able to pre focus two different positions. This is huge, just looking at composition.

I will more than likely not buy it but it was a very powerful camera, much like the X-M1

I recently went on a fuji photo walk and chose to use the XF10. I was the first one there and could have picked several but wanted to experience this as I have come to like the X-M1 even though it is fiddly.

I have found an interesting thing using a camera without a viewfinder....I pay way more attention to compostion or I see it better? I attribute it to the lack of concentration used in focusing. I have become very good at zone focus, thanks to film and I was able to pre focus two different positions. This is huge, just looking at composition.

I will more than likely not buy it but it was a very powerful camera, much like the X-M1

Apart from its other charms, that's why I'm pleased by my Ricoh GRII and the effect no view finder has on how I shoot with it. The two-axis level display is a huge help, too.

The 1 thing I dislike about the xf10 is the lack of a viewfinder! I’m sure it’s due to my poor eyesight as I can’t see the controls without my glasses. I don’t use my glasses with my Xt2 because I’ve adjusted the diopter and I can see my settings through the viewfinder. I need my glasses with the xf10 but I can’t really walk with them on because they’re reading glasses so it’s annoying to put them on and off constantly.

So are you like me and actually read the manual to learn about all those little hidden features?

Looks like you will have lots of fun with this little gem.

I’ve read the manual but need to read it again.

Unfortunately the xf10 has seen very little use. I took it out with me in Dublin, I’ve taken it hiking a few times and while it’s usually in my purse, I rarely use it. My mom enjoyed using it during our leaf peeping road trip. That’s about it. Although I do plan to leave my xt2 home when we go to Disney, and bring the xf10, I just got a new iPhone 11 so the xf10 may not get a ton of use then either.

I do like keeping it in my day bag as a wide angle when I have my 50-230 or 60mm on the xt2. It cuts down on lens changing. But again only when I have my glasses on!

Unfortunately the xf10 has seen very little use. I took it out with me in Dublin, I’ve taken it hiking a few times and while it’s usually in my purse, I rarely use it. My mom enjoyed using it during our leaf peeping road trip. That’s about it. Although I do plan to leave my xt2 home when we go to Disney, and bring the xf10, I just got a new iPhone 11 so the xf10 may not get a ton of use then either.

I do like keeping it in my day bag as a wide angle when I have my 50-230 or 60mm on the xt2. It cuts down on lens changing. But again only when I have my glasses on!

Well I lied (not intentionally). I picked up an XF10 because of the photo walk. The company that sponsored it decided to discount the one I used on the photo walk. They called me and at 200 off, I could not refuse. It was a store display and lack of interest except for me, they threw it out there and I bought it. It is really is an amazing camera and overflows with features that I'll probably never use. I will carry it with me 100% of the time. Leaf shutter for 299, crazy.

Well I lied (not intentionally). I picked up an XF10 because of the photo walk. The company that sponsored it decided to discount the one I used on the photo walk. They called me and at 200 off, I could not refuse. It was a store display and lack of interest except for me, they threw it out there and I bought it. It is really is an amazing camera and overflows with features that I'll probably never use. I will carry it with me 100% of the time. Leaf shutter for 299, crazy.

Wow great price! I paid $449 less than a year ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back