It’s here already! My new Fuji XF10. Test photos added

Images look good and sharp. I like the idea of a smaller Fuji for casual days out.

What's your initial thoughts on using a fixed 18.5 lens?

I think the 3 'zoom' settings are just cropping the image? You could do the same in post processing?

Yes I probably won’t use that too much since cropping is just as easy but it does help to see better for the far away stuff.

The biggest con for me with the xf10 is that my eyesight isn’t great for close up but I don’t need my glasses for far away so I can see what I’m pointing the camera at but can’t see the lcd or the displays without putting on my glasses which I didn’t do every time. It was a bit like shooting blind. Not sure if the no viewfinder will be the deal breaker on this for me. Trying to give it a chance as the models with viewfinder are not as pocketable and much more expensive.

This may be of interest. Maybe find a used one?
https://fujifilm-x.com/global/stories/with-the-optical-view-finder-x70/

Images look good and sharp. I like the idea of a smaller Fuji for casual days out.

I think the 3 'zoom' settings are just cropping the image? You could do the same in post processing?

Yes I probably won’t use that too much since cropping is just as easy but it does help to see better for the far away stuff.

The biggest con for me with the xf10 is that my eyesight isn’t great for close up but I don’t need my glasses for far away so I can see what I’m pointing the camera at but can’t see the lcd or the displays without putting on my glasses which I didn’t do every time. It was a bit like shooting blind. Not sure if the no viewfinder will be the deal breaker on this for me. Trying to give it a chance as the models with viewfinder are not as pocketable and much more expensive.

The x7o has a devoted following on the Fuji forums. I did consider it but it is 12mp and I did want something with more. Also not a ton of used available and they were a couple of hundred more than the xf10. If I can't get over/get used to the lack of viewfinder on the xf10 I may rethink the x70. Also the tilt screen on the x70 is a nice feature missing from the xf10 but of course both of those things make it a bit less of a "slip in your pocket" camera.

The x7o has a devoted following on the Fuji forums. I did consider it but it is 12mp and I did want something with more. Also not a ton of used available and they were a couple of hundred more than the xf10. If I can't get over/get used to the lack of viewfinder on the xf10 I may rethink the x70. Also the tilt screen on the x70 is a nice feature missing from the xf10 but of course both of those things make it a bit less of a "slip in your pocket" camera.
I assume the viewfinder woukd work the same on your camera

No hot shoe on the xf10 :(

It’s pretty sharp. This is an unedited jpeg except for cropping. ....
Her "Awwwwwwwwww crap, Mom got a new camera?" face? :lol:

Yup. She is always reluctant to pose and in a hurry for me to finish but then wants me to send her "all of the photos you took of me".

Oh crap. Deal breaker ...[emoji25]

Oh crap. Deal breaker ...[emoji25]

I don't know that I necessarily need the hotshoe for my hiking/travel/better than my iphone camera but...for me it will depend on if I can get used to using the lcd to frame/focus. I don't even have the lcd turned on on my xt2. I have until 5/19 to return it via Amazon. I'm going to take it to Ireland and use it a bit there. I'll decide when I get home if I'm keeping it.

Wow, super sharp and very nice colors! I had a touch screen on the 70D which was nice, but the last few years none of my 4 cameras have a touch screen and honestly I do not miss it.

Wow, super sharp and very nice colors! I had a touch screen on the 70D which was nice, but the last few years none of my 4 cameras have a touch screen and honestly I do not miss it.

I seem to keep turning things on/off in error. Flash, continuous shooting, manual focus... It’s nice as a quick way to move the focus point though. I wonder if there’s a way to turn off all of the other touch features but keep that?

RE; in-camera zoom..does the (JPEG or raw) file-size (meaning storage size) stay the same as you zoom in?

RE; in-camera zoom..does the (JPEG or raw) file-size (meaning storage size) stay the same as you zoom in?

No it doesn’t. And only available in jpeg modes. Will not work in any of the manual modes which are the only ones that shoot raw.

When I’m at my desk later I’ll check file size unless anyone knows how to do that in iOS?

Most reactions

Back