It's over there!

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took photos yesterday at an event, and this is a photo from that. I saw these two pointing, and wanted to get a photo. They were too far away, so I had to crop heavily, so this isn't real sharp but I really liked it! I love the baby pointing the same way! :)
I know I shouldn't say "I really like it" and then ask for c&c, but I am! ;) So C&C please. :)

10-24-15 132.jpg

oooh

you can't say that and expect c&c! you know that already!

you like it and that's all that matters. Nicely framed

oooh

you can't say that and expect c&c! you know that already!

you like it and that's all that matters. Nicely framed

The hard part is (other than the worthless light) people are always walking in front of you. :048:

You saw a nice moment, but yeah, people will walk in your way... I'd go early, wander around, figure out where some good vantage points will be (notice backgrounds). I found it would be a certain amount of waiting and watching and being ready - having the camera set and recheck/adjust settings after moving to a different part of the room.

Usually in these low light gyms etc. I'd try to notice where the light at least seems somewhat better, and try to stay out of dark corners. If you go early look up at the overhead lights to help figure out where might be the best places to shoot in or from.

Notice crap on chairs and under tables,; if possible maybe you can scoot a chair a little out of the way but usually it's necessary to work with what's there as-is. So frame shots to keep crap out of the pictures (stuff laying around, light sockets, trash cans, etc. etc.).Takes practice.

Last edited:
You saw a nice moment, but yeah, people will walk in your way... I'd go early, wander around, figure out where some good vantage points will be (notice backgrounds). I found it would be a certain amount of waiting and watching and being ready - having the camera set and recheck/adjust settings after moving to a different part of the room.

Usually in these low light gyms etc. I'd try to notice where the light at least seems somewhat better, and try to stay out of dark corners. If you go early look up at the overhead lights to help figure out where might be the best places to shoot in or from.

Notice crap on chairs and under tables,; if possible maybe you can scoot a chair a little out of the way but usually it's necessary to work with what's there as-is. So frame shots to keep crap out of the pictures (stuff laying around, light sockets, trash cans, etc. etc.).Takes practice.

It doesn't help that I am technically there to make balloon animals, so it is when there isn't that many people at the balloon table so my sister can handle it. I grab my camera and have 5 or 10 minutes to take some shots, so I really can't set up anywhere. :(

Thanks for the pointers! :)

Most reactions

Back