What's new

It's soft...

I wonder if it just wants to be really big?
 
It is soft focus, or over processed for noise reduction, or both? It has that smudgy look from to much noise reduction.
That shot looks familiar. You might have posted it here before?
Yeah, it's both actually. Over noise reduction, and soft focus. I didn't think I posted this. But I may have.It's funny how we remember what other people have posted, but not our own. I apologize for the reduex.

If I were taking this shot, I would have been looking to show a contrast in textures between the rough concrete and the smooth surface of the water.
The softness would have made this shot fail for me. Your goals, I'm sure, were different.
It was about the color and line, rather than textures for me. But still... it is what it is.


PixMedic...I appreciate your comment and that you enjoy it. But I have to take off my goggles and agree, this needs sharpness. While I will always enjoy it, and love looking at it, it is not show or competition worthy. It's exciting, and a riot of color and line, but I concede that this is a case where the technical failings overshadow whats cool about this image.

Ya, I never know what I post either. I go back to old stuff too and rework with fresh eyes which doesn't help me remember. I don't think it's an issue to repost, particularly when the forum users refresh so often - fresh opinions and all.

Perhaps not using noise reduction or even bringing in some faux grain could give the illusion of increased sharpness. Not sure how it would impact other elements such as the water though.
 
I wonder if it just wants to be really big?

Wouldn't that make it really bad? LOL
Potentially, or really good ;) I dunno somehow I think the lines and blocks of colours would look good big but small and smooth/soft it almost all gets lost in itself...or maybe I need another coffee lol ;)
I wonder if it just wants to be really big?


I wouldn't know .....

lol :P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom