What's new

It's soft...

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...but I still really dig it.
.





5024436130_9e3665a780_o.jpg






.


Does the softness kill it for you, or are you cool with it?
 
I actually kind of like the softness.

She's not so fond of it though..........
 
It's an interesting location, situation, and composition, but the execution does hurt it. This kind of a shot really looks best when it's rendered sharply and clearly. For me, the lack of critical sharpness is big detriment. Oh well, ya win some, ya lose some.
 
I agree Derrel. That's what kills me with this one. It was a one time event. I didn't even know it would be there. Lesson? ALWAYS take your tripod, (or at least a monopod) because you never know! This was the best of the set shot there.

So, maybe I can only see it through mommy goggles?
 
It is soft focus, or over processed for noise reduction, or both? It has that smudgy look from to much noise reduction.
That shot looks familiar. You might have posted it here before?

If I were taking this shot, I would have been looking to show a contrast in textures between the rough concrete and the smooth surface of the water.
The softness would have made this shot fail for me. Your goals, I'm sure, were different.
 
Last edited:
I love the lines and the colors, but the softness, not so much.
Still, those streaming lines of color alone are enough to make me keep looking at it!
What she said ;) ^^ It is odd, I really want to like it, but there is "something" that I'm not sure I would even call "soft", perhaps more of a "smoothness" that is just not hitting the mark.
 
well, take MY idiot opinion with a grain of salt...but...
the color, with the lights shining in with perfectly spaced intervals...along with the awesome reflection on the floor...
totally washes over any "softness" or "sharpness" issues with rays of pure awesomeness.
could it have been better with a tripod? maybe. probably.
but what we see is what we got, and I love it for what it is. a really cool shot that's artistic value to me far outweighs its technical flaws.
well done Bitter.
 
It is soft focus, or over processed for noise reduction, or both? It has that smudgy look from to much noise reduction.
That shot looks familiar. You might have posted it here before?
Yeah, it's both actually. Over noise reduction, and soft focus. I didn't think I posted this. But I may have.It's funny how we remember what other people have posted, but not our own. I apologize for the reduex.

If I were taking this shot, I would have been looking to show a contrast in textures between the rough concrete and the smooth surface of the water.
The softness would have made this shot fail for me. Your goals, I'm sure, were different.
It was about the color and line, rather than textures for me. But still... it is what it is.


PixMedic...I appreciate your comment and that you enjoy it. But I have to take off my goggles and agree, this needs sharpness. While I will always enjoy it, and love looking at it, it is not show or competition worthy. It's exciting, and a riot of color and line, but I concede that this is a case where the technical failings overshadow whats cool about this image.
 
It is soft focus, or over processed for noise reduction, or both? It has that smudgy look from to much noise reduction.
That shot looks familiar. You might have posted it here before?
Yeah, it's both actually. Over noise reduction, and soft focus. I didn't think I posted this. But I may have.It's funny how we remember what other people have posted, but not our own. I apologize for the reduex.

If I were taking this shot, I would have been looking to show a contrast in textures between the rough concrete and the smooth surface of the water.
The softness would have made this shot fail for me. Your goals, I'm sure, were different.
It was about the color and line, rather than textures for me. But still... it is what it is.


PixMedic...I appreciate your comment and that you enjoy it. But I have to take off my goggles and agree, this needs sharpness. While I will always enjoy it, and love looking at it, it is not show or competition worthy. It's exciting, and a riot of color and line, but I concede that this is a case where the technical failings overshadow whats cool about this image.

the picture only fails to those who fail to enjoy it. maybe it isn't competition worthy...but sometimes a picture is just a picture, so enjoy it as such.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom