It's the Beetles!

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Still testing a new diffusion setup for macro use... what do you think of the lighting?

Box Elder Bug-Adult Boisea trivittata FAMILY RHOPALIDAE

Elm-beetle-2-8480_max-crop.jpg

Box-Elder-Beetle-top-shot.jpg

Last edited:
In the original uncropped image, how much of the image-space does the cropped portion utilize?

In the original uncropped image, how much of the image-space does the cropped portion utilize?

Top photo is close to a max crop... 99% or so.

bottom photo is about a 30% crop..

Diffuser is starting to look pretty good. #1 the flash shine on the eyes show that the diffuser is doing its job, but maybe not quite enough with the shadowning underneath - lighting might be just a tad harsh. #2 I think the lighting is about perfect, not too harsh yet not flat.

Diffuser is starting to look pretty good. #1 the flash shine on the eyes show that the diffuser is doing its job, but maybe not quite enough with the shadowning underneath - lighting might be just a tad harsh. #2 I think the lighting is about perfect, not too harsh yet not flat.

I was about 4" closer on the first shot.. so light was a little stronger! I will have to try backing off on the flash a little bit on more reflective subjects. Thanks! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back