it's the dead of winter here for cryin out loud

I used to fish for small mouth in the Allegheny.

Cool, I fish for what ever'll bite....I did not have the best of luck this year after spending my right arm on lisences...... But any who.

I could actually see the water surface from my front porch when I left for work at 10:15 PM, I jumped almost a foot in the few hours I was in bed.

Hey neat, Mother nature takes requests

ALERT 1 - Wind Advisory
WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT

Event Start: Not Applicable
Event End: 4:00AM EST, Monday Feb 11, 2008
DetailsALERT 2 - Wind Chill Advisory
LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY, WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST MONDAY
ALERT 2 - Wind Chill Advisory
Event Start: 8:00PM EST, Sunday Feb 10, 2008
Event End: 9:00AM EST, Monday Feb 11, 2008
DetailsALERT 3 - Lake Effect Snow and Blowing Snow Advisory
LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY, WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST MONDAY
ALERT 3 - Lake Effect Snow and Blowing Snow Advisory
Event Start: 1:00AM EST, Monday Feb 11, 2008
Event End: 5:00PM EST, Monday Feb 11, 2008
DetailsALERT 4 - Wind Advisory
WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT

That's more like what we're used to, this should give the water some time to return to normal levels. Never the less weather paterns are all sorts of screwed up all over the country.

We have 55cm of snow and are expecting another 15cm. shortly.

skieur

Yeah, we didn't get all that much, those alearts are pretty mundain and normal, the reason I brought it up was the fact the water can get back to normal after hovering around and above flood stage for three days. With it in smow form it can sit around for a couple of days and not be in the river.

80F here yesterday ... nice for yard work. Mowed and edged the lawn, pulled weeds, replanted some Plumeras, trimmed up some roses and shrubs. Off to the zoo this morning ... tomorrow off the snow. "... I Love LA ..."

Gary

PS- A week ago we go a ton of rain ... all at once ... buckets ... couldn't even see through it.

Most reactions

Back