Its way to late, upgrade?

Yes, because it lacks HSM and i'm a D40x user.

ohhh BURN! haha. well if you decided to upgrade, you wouldnt need HSM, right? do both!

Great!
Your paying right?

I really dont want to upgrade my camera currently. I mean, it wont really make my pictures look better at all. I'd rather save up and get a new body at the end of the summer, and by then Nikon will probably have some new models out.

Great!
Your paying right?

I really dont want to upgrade my camera currently. I mean, it wont really make my pictures look better at all. I'd rather save up and get a new body at the end of the summer, and by then Nikon will probably have some new models out.

Yea, The D90 might be out.. Which nikon needs a good camera between the d40/d60 and the D300. The D80 is nice, but I couldn't justify spending the money on it when its not that much better than the D40x.

I have a D40.. My next body will probably be the D300, but that will be about a year or so from now.

Honest opinion time... You have a nice camera there, and have recently gone from D40 to D1H to now wanting a D200. See a pattern developing? Use what body you have for AT LEAST 2 years. No use spending on 5-6 bodies a year... thats a mistake.

Personally, I'd say forget the D200 for now. The D300 is out, and the D400 is about 16 months away.

If I was you, I'd be saving for the D400 or whatever comes after the D300 and learning as much as I could until then. Any other choice is tossing money out the window, IMHO.

As for the 30mm F/1.4, I really, really really like it. Did I say that I like it??

Most reactions

Back