It's....

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
...Monty Python's... No it isn't.
It's Saturday night. I've just finished work and there is NOBODY HERE!!!!
Have you all got lives or something? :grumpy:

Nothing for it but to go watch QVC...

its saturday afternoon and im right here. ill be leaving soon though.

and i've got no life! :D

It's almost Saturday afternoon and I'm just waking up.

Ummm, what's QVC? Are those videos? A channel of some sort? Translation for one from the colonies, please.

D'uh! QVC.. But on TV.

Hours of simple amusement to be had watching the presenters struggling to find something interesting to say about what is quite clearly cheap tat (best watched after a drink or two).

It is Saturday night, I'm back home ... and Hertz, go into the General Gallery and look who actually was here (after more than two years of having gone totally AWOL on TPF!!!), you might be surprised!!! (When I made her log on at long, long, loooong last, we saw she had last been on in November of 2005 :shock: ).

That will be a lot better than watching QVC!! Oh boy, your Saturday is THAT bad!?!?! You feel forced to watch THAT! Oh, poor you. Poor, poor you!

OMG, that's like the shopping channel or something, innit??!! Like Lafoto said, you must've been desperate, to have to resort to that!
couchpotato.gif

Cult viewing.
It has to be seen to be believed.

But then I do have a strange sense of humour apparently.
I go into fits when they get the ruler out (they only appear to have one - an old wooden thing) to show you how big something is.

Cult viewing.
It has to be seen to be believed.

But then I do have a strange sense of humour apparently.
I go into fits when they get the ruler out (they only appear to have one - an old wooden thing) to show you how big something is.
Heehee, sounds like something that would be fun to watch with some like-minded friends, with a bevvy or two on hand, and catcall at the screen.

If you're that bored, you can help me with my Ethics homework.

Please explain meta-ethical relativism to me.

When you're done, move on to Utilitarianism.

Thanks.

Those are a hoot, Hertz! Keep 'em coming! (I've seen NTNON advertised here in the TV guide, in the wee hours of the morning, but don't think I've actually seen it.)

Oh my, I can see I'll be spending some time going through the Youtube library of "Not the nine o'clock news' and Monty Python sketches!! :lmao:

If you're that bored, you can help me with my Ethics homework.

Please explain meta-ethical relativism to me.

When you're done, move on to Utilitarianism.

Thanks.

Relativism in Ethics tends to get confused with Subjectivism.
Relativism, put simply, is a moral viewpoint which holds that we should do that, and only that, which we think we ought to do.
This means, under Relativism, that merely having a certain moral opinion on something makes that opinion correct for that person (or Society). Because of this it means that it is impossible to claim or prove that another person's moral judgement is wrong. In fact it leads to the paradoxical consequence that two people holding opposing moral views on a subject are both right.
Meta-ethical is one of those Post-Modernist trend words. 'Meta' tied to 'Ethics' implies a theory about the nature of Ethics, so my reading is that 'meta-ethical relativism' is to do with theorising about the ethics of relativistic moral decisions or ideas. That is, trying to see if there is any ethical justification behind relativism.

That's just my view and it almost certainly won't be what your tutor is looking for.
PS most 'meta's' (for example 'meta-linguistics') come unstuck because you are trying to look at a system or structure from outside - but you have to use the language of the structure you are examining in order to discuss it.

Utilitarianism is a theory of ethics based on two theses:
1) The rightness of an action is to be judged solely on it's contribution to human happiness or the decrease of human misery.
2) Pleasure is the only thing good in itself, and pain the only evil.
Bentham was an exponent of Utilitarianism (Principles of Morals and Legislation).
Hobbes, Locke and J S Mill are the main philosophers to read on this subject.

Most reactions

Back