I've decided to start doing stock photography.

Not sure about the images, but the link doesn't work.

Since I can't see the image I'll comment on what I can.

If by chance you have some photos of people in offices or whatever else they are looking for then great give it a shot. Be aware that you are many millions of photos behind the curve so you are not likely to make a significant amount from this.
As long as you go in with reasonable expectations i.e.. if you make $0.02 be happy. Just don't go in thinking that this is your retirement royalty cheque.

At worst you won't make anything. At best you'll prove me wrong and have the next need to have photo.

As Zombie said the photography stock market is basically a dead duck in so far as earning any revenue off it for the photographer. Those who can turn a profit have libraries of thousands of photos coupled with years of marketing. In general most who make income out of it make it on the side of regular work and even then most people only earn a tiny amount. Stock and micro stock has devalued the photograph to almost nothing in value. So you have to make thousands of sales to see any kind of return.

You'd likely get more profit printing your shots up, framing them and then hiring a local venue and doing an exhibition and sale one evening. Heck selling one print at a decent value would net you more income than you're likely to get off stock.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back