I've Got a New Lens Coming in Today!!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! Just here to share some excitement. Ive got a new and long-awaited lens that should arrive at my doorstep today. The lens is the Nikon 80-200mm F/2.8D ED IF double ring version. I just had to tell someone and no one near me can understand where all the excitement is coming from. :meh:

Either way, photos will be up a little later when the lens gets here. Just wanted to drop by and share.

Mark

Last edited:
Congrats on your new family member :)

Thanks! The lens barrel has some scuffs on it, but the glass is in prestine condition. No scratches, no dust, aperture blades are perfect. Im a bit dissappointed about the barrel, but I can get over it for getting the lens for $530! :)

Mark

Nice. :thumbup:

I have a new lens hidden somewhere in the house that my wife won't let me have till Friday... (birthday)

:lol:

I can't wait to get it. I dont really understand, though. USPS tracking info says it went out of my local post office at 4AM for delivery to my home today..and I dont think we have ever gotten mail on a Sunday. Well, either way, it will be here either today or early tomorrow, and I cant wait! :)

Im glad you had a good experience with it. That is generally the concensus of the lens, thankfully. I cant find a used one under $750. I just so happen to know somebody who works at a camera shop, who also knows someone who didnt know what he really had. He said 'the lens is too shaky for me..I dont really like it.'. I went and tried it out, and he offered to sell it to me. A few days later, we agreed on a price ($515!). Now, after $15 of shipping costs, I am awaiting my lens. :mrgreen:

Mark

Congrats Mark. That's awesome. I have the SB-600, and some extras on the way and next week I should have in hands the Sigma 105mm that you wouldn't sell me. :sexywink: Had to break up the sticker shock for my husband.

Hahaa. Sorry about that, I just use it way too much to part with it just yet. When I upgrade, Ill let you know..although now you already have one..that could be a problem..hmm...

Either way, you wont be sorry you got it. Its a fantastic lens (AF is like a jet engine, though..). If this is your first foray into macro, youre in for a wild ride. It requires a quick learning curve. I hated it at first, now it is my passion. You should have ordered the Lumiquest LQ-107 softbox if you planned on using your SB-600 with the 105 macro for Macro. It works wonders. Just a thought for next cart. :wink: Good luck! :thumbsup:

Mark

Sunday delivery? Awesome.
New lens? Awesomer!

Congrats! I just bought a 70-200mm f/4L IS on Friday, and I'm really loving it.

it is probably on the truck, out for delivery but that is tomorrow.

i have that lens and for a long time it was my favorite until i got a 70-200 2.8 and now i am thinking of selling it as it needs to find work and not just sit on a shelve.

have fun, it is a great lens

Happy birthday to the pair of you! My birthday was the 6th...a tad too far back for me now. This was supposed to be for my birthday (the remaining of the price that wasnt in my bank account :lol:), but it just took a little too long to get it. I think it paid off in the end. :thumbsup:

Mark

Nice. :thumbup:

I have a new lens hidden somewhere in the house that my wife won't let me have till Friday... (birthday)

:lol:

Happy Birthday! Mines Thursday! No big boxes for me.

Happy birthday to the pair of you! My birthday was the 6th...a tad too far back for me now. This was supposed to be for my birthday (the remaining of the price that wasnt in my bank account :lol:), but it just took a little too long to get it. I think it paid off in the end. :thumbsup:

Mark

Well, hell - happy birthday to all of us! :lol:
:cheers:

I already know what it is (lol), and it isn't a 'big' box - but it's still new toys, and I still can't wait to play with it. :lol:

Lensbaby Muse w/ Plastic optic, EF mount.

I figured I'll finally give this lensbaby stuff a try, and sharpness is overrated, lol!

It should be fun at least.

Most reactions

Back