I've hit a bit of a wall...

there has got to be something going on at your college.

theres no way you cant network with anyone at your school and find something interesting there. Get in with the landscape/industrial/street photogs at your school, put your heads together and make one night a week photo night , go out in a group.

Shoot portraits and save the money, then when you have vacation or a 3 or 4 day weekend drive with your photog buddies pool gas money and take road trips.

there is tons and tons of stuff near houston and dallas to shoot from cityscapes to industrial to trains and stuff like that.

Document the illegal alien workforce and make a series, document the police , document the businesses that have shut down recently.

theres lots of things to shoot for serieses.

What lenses do you currently own? Just curious.

Derrick

Don't be shy, go by yourself. It is a lot easier to concentrate on your subject when you are by yourself.

Some Ideas:

Sports Events @ your school

Snakes, there are pleanty in tx, i spent some time there.....

Cattle

Old Oil wells

High Power Lines / Towes

Find a small town local hair salon see if they will let ou do some hair pics

cars/vehicles

fire department

I can go on and on, if you cant find different objects to shot then work on different ways of shooting the same object, shutter , app manual etc

Just My 2 Cents..........

Try shooting in the dark,with a flash light,(small and powerful),to hunt with,
-flash can freeze an animal-oops-and take any dog or cat who is willing to go along-to flush out some "game",or go solo,take some "bait" ?
-your own back yard has a different life,after dark.
Lay on your back and shine the light up at trees,etc.
I've bagged some frog shots,(missed a bunch of really amazing Tarantulas..my nerve went and then the cats started to eat them....lol.).and various small mammals I can't name...
Buy some cheap fireworks,try getting shots...?
Good luck !

take a picture of each individual hair in your head, then try to layer them back to their original locations in post....

so fun.... like a photographic puzzle...

take a picture of each individual hair in your head, then try to layer them back to their original locations in post....

so fun.... like a photographic puzzle...

that reminds me of the Final Fantasy Film (Spirits Within) where they spent $1,000,000.00 on the programming for the hair (a single strand) alone. Of course once they had it they just copy/pasted - but still!

Shhhhh,... She hasn't responded in just about a month now. I think she's asleep.

reminds me of the Final Fantasy Film
That may have spent a bazillion dollars making that movie, but as a veteran 3D artist of 20 years, I can tell you they built a hair system, not a simple copy paste of some magical strand...

As far as the young lady, only boring people get bored - so if it happens learn to play guitar, re-read understanding exposure, force yourself to make a new girlfriend one day... Then when you are re-inspired, the fresh will be there too.

-S

Your school would be fun to shoot. Students too. You can take pictures of different people in the gym, canteen, lawn, people going up and down the stairs. I'm sure you will get a lot of inspiration there.

Does the OP have a photographic problem or a problem of lacking inspiration? Inspiration removes excuses.

Asking her to take pictures of pens, and practice and experient in lighting and such is fine, and a great way to learn, but it will not mitigate the pain she feels from not feeling, not being inspired.

I would suggest a one month break from photography.

Put the camera in the drawer. Like too much sex, wine, food, and work, too much photography can desensetize, and remove one's joy in that endeavor.

I once had a girlfriend that loved to make love, and we were each other's huckleberry. But over time it became routine, and the passion soon faded. The best thing we did was not touch for a few weeks. Then afterwards, desire hit like a tsunami, and moving forward we had a strategy of moderation...too much of one thing will ruin it....too little is painful....just right is well, just soo right.

So Ms. OP student, stop thinking about photography....get into some other distraction for a few weeks...the desire will come and so will the inspiration.

Most reactions

Back