Jacques Cartier Bridge

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay, so just to complete the impression that i still go out and shoot a lot, i'm posting you guessed it: more old pics that got some heavy editing!
Basically contrast and saturation adjustments... that bridge looks awfull in real life... gotta make my city look good ;)

I tried avoiding the cliche profile bridge shot and experimented a bit with the angles... so tell me what you think

(oh yeah, and sorry for the sizes and quality... blame it photobucket. it seems to resize them totally at random, i'm just starting to have control over that...)

IMGP0156v3.jpg

2. closer...
IMGP0157v2.jpg

3. Decentered...
IMGP0162v2.jpg

4. and the abstract one :)
IMGP0158v3.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/AlexKphoto/IMGP0156v3.jpg

Nice. Love the colours here.

Like number 3 the best.

awesome Alexandra. nice perspectives on all and the last is killer!

Thanks a whole lot for the comments guys! :D

Airic: these must've been awesome shots... i wish we still could see the boats nowdays...

Actually i just realized i didn't post a b&w version...
se here's #3.
it looks a bit wierd to me. i still can't figure out the best way to convert pics to b&w. I either desaturate them either check "Monochrome" in the channel mixer, but i always get different results with both :confused:
anyways, this was done with the channel mixer, then added contrast and selective darkening on the arch.
IMGP0162v3.jpg

Well, I really like what colours you "squeezed" out of these, and I am not sure but tend to like 2 best, though the sky is a bit of a problem - on the other hand nothing distracts from the steel works underneath the bridge. I like the symmetry of Photo 2. But the close-up in 4 is also quite fascinating.

Great shots alex, you've done well with the post work, think 2&4 are my favs - Cool series :thumbup:

Thanks much guys :biggrin:
I'm still not sure about b&w, but i'm really glad to see that you people like the abstract one :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back