January '05 - Photo Challenge Submissions "Black and White" Photos!

Which photo is your favorite?

• Photo 01

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Photo 02

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Photo 03

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Photo 04

• Photo 05

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Photo 06

• Photo 07

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Photo 08

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Photo 09

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Photo 10

• Photo 11

• Photo 12

• Photo 13

• Photo 14

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Photo 15

• Photo 16

• Photo 17

• Photo 18

• Photo 19

• Photo 20

• Photo 21

• Photo 22

• Photo 23

• Photo 24

• Photo 25

• Photo 26

• Photo 27

• Photo 28

• Photo 29

• Photo 30

• Photo 31

• Photo 32

• Photo 33

• Photo 34

• Photo 35

• Photo 36

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Photo 37

• Photo 38

• Photo 39

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Photo 40

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Photo 41

• Photo 42

• Photo 43

• Photo 44

• Photo 45

• Photo 46

• Photo 47

• Photo 48

• Photo 49

• Photo 50

• Photo 51

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Purified said:
I was really looking forward to this and my photo wasn't included. I worked hard on it as it was my first submission here. :(

Hey Purified sorry your photo wasn't included, but your photo wasn't a *jpg. If you double check the email I sent, I did make a note to ensure that you submit jpg photos only.
Sorry again, purified. Good luck with the February challenge!

Damn! Shot number X is amazing! Very deep! I didn't expect it! damn good. Dunno whose it is but congrats! There are so many great shots that I don't know which to choose :p

Hey folks, here’s the thing…we’d like to keep the voting anonymous. In order to do this can we all refrain from announcing which photos we like or voted for. We just don’t want to have any influenced into voting for any photo, but the one that stands out for them. As some of you may have noticed I’ve made some changes so I hope you all understand.

Even after the voting has completed can we refrain from sharing our personal opinions on each photo submitted please. Praise or congrats for a photo (after the competition has ended) is one thing, but full on criticism is something else. This really isn’t the critique forum. If a user wishes to have people share opinions and criticize the work then they (the photog) can post the submitted photo in the critique gallery once the competition has ended. Each photographer was asked to remain anonymous in this competition so it’s really unfair for people to attempt to judge the work publicly. If a photographer is remaining anonymous they can’t defend their work or explain any reasoning behind the work.
Let's just try to keep that in mind people. Please don't criticize any of the work here in the Photo Challenge, especially if that criticism might be offensive.

Not to rehash something that was deleted from this thread (for good reason), but just a brief apology in case the photographer of the photo I trashed read my verbal diarrhea. My opinions are one thing, but it's true that I should have censored myself in this case. No one sharing their work in this forum deserves to be trashed like that unless they're specifically asking for it in a critique forum or something. It's probably not worth much, but it was a mistake, so I'm sorry. It also brings the forum down a notch in terms of professionalism.

TwistMyArm said:
Hey Purified sorry your photo wasn't included, but your photo wasn't a *jpg. If you double check the email I sent, I did make a note to ensure that you submit jpg photos only.
Sorry again, purified. Good luck with the February challenge!

Ah okay, I understand. Thank you for telling me! :)

walter23 said:
Not to rehash something that was deleted from this thread (for good reason), but just a brief apology in case the photographer of the photo I trashed read my verbal diarrhea. My opinions are one thing, but it's true that I should have censored myself in this case. No one sharing their work in this forum deserves to be trashed like that unless they're specifically asking for it in a critique forum or something. It's probably not worth much, but it was a mistake, so I'm sorry. It also brings the forum down a notch in terms of professionalism.

Thanks Walt!

Congrats to everyone who participated this month. It was a really great turn out and everyone deserves to be congratulated.

The overall winner this month however is photo five with 13 votes. Photo five was submitted by Whitney. Congrats whitney! Great job!

photo05.jpg

Congrats! :cheer:

Congrats Whitney...nice job.
Carl

Great photo and congrats to you, Whitney!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back