January 19th Set

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
RonLane inspired me to dig in the crates and try to resurrect some oldies. Here are a few from the same date 10 months ago. C&C welcome.

1) Wood Duck by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

2) Double-Crested Cormorant by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

3) Pony by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

4) White-faced Ibis by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

5) Red-Crowned Parrot by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

6) Oddball because I don't like posting an odd number.
Red Fox by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

Terrific shots well composed. Thanks for sharing.

That first one has a very cool metallic quality to the coloring. I like it, it's not the usual warm bird pic. I think it would look cool as one of those metal prints. #5 of the parrot - were you in a zoo/sanctuary or is that in the wild somewhere? Sorry if that's a stupid question - I don't know anything about birds.

RonLane inspired me to dig in the crates and try to resurrect some oldies. Here are a few from the same date 10 months ago. C&C welcome.

1) Wood Duck by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

2) Double-Crested Cormorant by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

3) Pony by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

4) White-faced Ibis by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

5) Red-Crowned Parrot by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

6) Oddball because I don't like posting an odd number.
Red Fox by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr
Thanks for sharing these!

That first one has a very cool metallic quality to the coloring. I like it, it's not the usual warm bird pic. I think it would look cool as one of those metal prints. #5 of the parrot - were you in a zoo/sanctuary or is that in the wild somewhere? Sorry if that's a stupid question - I don't know anything about birds.

Hi. All of the photos are wild and in the same park except for the fox. The park is called Irvine Regional Park. 10,000 Birds | Red-crowned Parrots at Irvine Regional Park, Orange County, California

I have a few metallic looking water shots. Once I get one with a better composition, I will try printing it on metal.

Not to shabby, dude! #4 is my favorite. I think a lot of times we somehow miss perfectly usable frames when we edit a shoot too close to the time it was shot. I've always felt that our during-the-shoot feelings tend to interfere with or at least have a strong effect on our evaluation of what we ACTUALLY managed to capture. For me, it is all too easy to get excited about a specific shot opportunity that came up during a shoot, and to then download and process, and spend the time working on what I thought was the best stuff...when after a longer period of time, I can evaluate the whole shoot a bit more dispassionately, and most of the times, better.

Not to shabby, dude! #4 is my favorite. I think a lot of times we somehow miss perfectly usable frames when we edit a shoot too close to the time it was shot. I've always felt that our during-the-shoot feelings tend to interfere with or at least have a strong effect on our evaluation of what we ACTUALLY managed to capture. For me, it is all too easy to get excited about a specific shot opportunity that came up during a shoot, and to then download and process, and spend the time working on what I thought was the best stuff...when after a longer period of time, I can evaluate the whole shoot a bit more dispassionately, and most of the times, better.

I actually wait (mostly) because of your suggestion a long time ago. Nothing like getting home and having to say "Welp, at least I got some excersise". :biglaugh: I've done that many times and so glad I am too lazy to just mark 100's of images for deletion (right away). Especially since that process is so easy; xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cntrl backspace poof.

Last edited:
#3 & 5 are killer Jaca. The Pony is cool.

You obviously have better images to go back to. Lol. (Mine kinda stink...)
Haaa, I doubt it. Maybe I did not go back far enough. Next time I will dig in the 2013 folder. I'm getting scared :)
Actually, I got to delete around 70 images that were either duplicates or total poop. The habit of shooting the same bird (that hardly moves) about 70 times has decreased; now it's only 15 or 20 times. :biglaugh:

2013? heck, I can do that with 2015, lol.

I do the same thing, shooting too many of the same image. Then struggle with which one is decent.

I am getting better at waiting. Now I get home from a football game and I upload and then delete the OOF and the ones where the ref got in the way and then wait until the next day to look at them.

Do you use the compare view in the Library module? I don't as much as I should, mainly because my edits don't seem to show in the Library module. I have to be in Develop module to see them.
I've been meaning to ask others if they have the same issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back