~ JANUARY WATER WORK ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
Recently, January temperatures here in southern New England found the mercury climbing to temperatures in the high 50's and lower 60's degrees F range. Melting snowpack and rains have collected in depressions forming temporary "ponds" on some of the grounds I regularly train on. I took the opportunity to take some photographs of 15 month old gun dog trainee JACKSON, as he got in some rare January water work this morning.

dsc09879_fotor-jpg.233747

~ TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH JH ~ is seen launching out over one of the small temporary ponds to make a retrieve of a training bumper. No lack of drive for this lad, a pup out of the selective breeding program of Haynes Floyd of Double TT British Kennels in Sylvia, Kansas.

dsc09919_fotor-jpg.233749

~ JACKSON ~ is seen just after making the pick up of a training bird. JACKSON was worked on single and multiple marked retrieves, land - water - land retrieves, and diversion birds today. JACKSON is a stylish, athletic, and bird driven retriever. JACKSON has earned an AKC Junior Hunter title and is currently developing the skill sets required to run competently in the AKC Senior Hunter and HRC Hunting Retriever stakes this year.

~ ON RETURN ~ JACKSON is seen making way back to his owner / handler Deb with the training bird. JACKSON has a soft mouth whilst carrying birds without extraneous mouthing and without dropping. Upon return to his owner / handler, JACKSON j-hooks to a SIT at the left side of his handler and presents the bird to hand in classic style upon issue of the command "GIVE".

dsc09908_fotor-jpg.233748

JACKSON is seen with his owner / handler Deb. JACKSON and Deb are both coming along nicely in working together as a team.

After running several drills in the pond, two quick singles in an adjacent river provided the opportunity for JACKSON to work retrieves in a more dynamic and challenging environment. His "rinse" in the river also helped to de-mud Jackson before his ride back home. JACKSON loves working water retrieves and it was highly motivational for him to do so at a time of year when such scenarios cannot often be worked due to extremely cold temperatures and ponds being frozen over with ice.

Of course, time durations working dogs in such cold waters must be kept minimal to prevent cold related injury to the K9.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Last edited:
Aye Mates,
Recently, January temperatures here in southern New England found the mercury climbing to temperatures in the high 50 and lower 60 degrees F range. Melting snowpack and rains collected in depressions forming temporary "ponds" on some of the grounds I regularly train on. I took the opportunity to take some photographs of 15 month old gun dog trainee JACKSON, as he got in some rare January water work this morning.

~ TTF JACKSON LAD O' CLOONFINISH JH ~ is seen launching out over one of the small temporary ponds to make a retrieve of a training bumper. No lack of drive for this lad, a pup out of the selective breeding program of Haynes Floyd of Double TT British Kennels in Sylvia, Kansas.

~ JACKSON ~ is seen just after making the pick up of a training bird. JACKSON was worked on single and multiple marked retrieves, land - water - land retrieves, and diversion birds today. JACKSON is a stylish, athletic, and bird driven retriever. JACKSON has earned an AKC Junior Hunter title and is currently developing the skill sets required to run competently in the AKC Senior Hunter and HRC Hunting Retriever stakes this year.

~ ON RETURN ~ JACKSON is seen making way back to his owner / handler Deb with the training bird. JACKSON has a soft mouth whilst carrying birds without extraneous mouthing and without dropping. Upon return to his owner / handler, JACKSON j-hooks to a SIT at the left side of his handler and presents the bird to hand in classic style upon issue of the command "GIVE".

JACKSON is seen with his owner / handler Deb. JACKSON and Deb are both coming along nicely in working together as a team.

After running several drills in the pond, two quick singles in an adjacent river provided the opportunity for JACKSON to work retrieves in a more dynamic and challenging environment. JACKSON loves working water and it was highly motivational for him to do so at a time of year when such scenarios cannot often be worked

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️
Great set and informative and interesting post!

Aye Mates,
Recently, January temperatures here in southern New England found the mercury climbing to temperatures in the high 50 and lower 60 degrees F range. Melting snowpack and rains collected in depressions forming temporary "ponds" on some of the grounds I regularly train on. I took the opportunity to take some photographs of 15 month old gun dog trainee JACKSON, as he got in some rare January water work this morning.

After running several drills in the pond, two quick singles in an adjacent river provided the opportunity for JACKSON to work retrieves in a more dynamic and challenging environment. JACKSON loves working water and it was highly motivational for him to do so at a time of year when such scenarios cannot often be worked

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️
Great set and informative and interesting post!

Thanks kindly. I train and compete with retriever gun dogs and K9 hunt test athletes.

Mike ☘️

Very nice set! I would like to see some pics of the handlers giving it their all and going into the water with the dogs to make the bond even stronger. :wink:

Very nice set! I would like to see some pics of the handlers giving it their all and going into the water with the dogs to make the bond even stronger. :wink:

Kirk,
Highly unlikely and would probably be the death of us. :lol::lol::lol::eek:

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back