Japanese Rose

idkhalid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_0001-web.jpg

This tiny flower were shot using kit lens 18-55mm in reverse lens technique.
Feel free to CnC. Tq :D

The colors are good but the DOF is simply way too shallow here. Not enough of the image is in focus.

This being taken in the reversed lens technique actually has quite a fair amount of DOF (depth of field), compared to what I can manage to get whenever I try to use this technique. No matter how I have tried before, I have never ever managed to achieve as much of DOF, mine always used to be even shallower!

What lens did you use for the technique, and if it was a zoom lens, what length did you choose?

I do like the colours here, too. How big is the flower in reality?

This being taken in the reversed lens technique actually has quite a fair amount of DOF (depth of field), compared to what I can manage to get whenever I try to use this technique. No matter how I have tried before, I have never ever managed to achieve as much of DOF, mine always used to be even shallower!

What lens did you use for the technique, and if it was a zoom lens, what length did you choose?

I do like the colours here, too. How big is the flower in reality?

What lens? its canon kit lens, 18-55mm. so far i never tried zoom lens. Shallow DOF? off course. its reverse lens ... not shot using macro lens. At least the focus is at the center of the flowers..

What lens? its canon kit lens, 18-55mm. so far i never tried zoom lens. Shallow DOF? off course. its reverse lens ... not shot using macro lens. At least the focus is at the center of the flowers..

Right, but Max and I are saying that the shallow DOF is a handicap on your shot. When someone looks at a picture, what equipment was used shouldn't cross their mind. Fundamentals of photography shouldn't change based on the equipment the photographer used, and fundamentally this shot has too shallow of a DOF as the subject is not well enough in focus. I'm not really explaining myself very well, someone help me out here...

Great color , it really shows how delicate the flower is.

I tend to like shallow DOF but I am new to photography, so Max why do you say that it is too shallow? Is it because not all of the edges of the flower are in crisp focus?

Great color , it really shows how delicate the flower is.

I tend to like shallow DOF but I am new to photography, so Max why do you say that it is too shallow? Is it because not all of the edges of the flower are in crisp focus?

Since I agree with Max, I hope he doesn't mind me answering for him, or at least giving him a bit of a jumpstart...Yes, the DOF is too shallow because the edges of the flower are not in focus.

lovely image and very nice background. I wouldnt worry about the dof too much - Magic Focus will fix it like this!!
IMG_0001-web.jpg

I find this program really useful for macro work. Tother thing you could try is CombineZ (its free) and that opens a whole new world - see my web site for details.

Beautiful! I love the center of the flower, and the green in the background looks like a painting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back