Japanese Store from EPCOT - Poll

Which picture is better?

• Picture 1

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Picture 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too close to call, since both are good in their own way.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Neither is good enough to get my vote.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since my last poll thread was so successful, please comment/vote.

Picture 1. Closer- $JapanStore-1.jpg

Picture 2. Further away - $JapanStore-2-sharper.jpg

Your processing of HDR is not so good. Its not realistic at all.....too contrasty and hard. A good HDR will have a full range of light and it shouldnt jump from hard to soft like you have done.

^ yes, I understand it will be too processed for many. When I tonned it down, I lost all the detail in the rock and the floor. I will go back and tweak it to see if I can get the detail without saturating it too much.

Edit: $Japan-store-3.jpg

Better? Worse? What do I need to change?

It looks like you have some ghosting and alignment issues from looking at the floor. I'd try manually blending.

^ I would too, but I dont have anything that can do that. The shadows from the million different light sources are pretty challenging in this photo. Thanks for the comment.

I agree with bynx the processing really needs work. Its not just that but it looks like this is very low quality imagery and I don't know how to say this in words but it looks wrong or if you shot with a phone or something...

What are you using to shoot with?

Sorry not trying to be rude just trying to figure out why your last poll photos look similar as this.

^ Shot with a cell phone, you caught me. Thanks for the comments

I understand what Vip means when asking if you shot it with a phone. The image quality is really bad. All the fine details that should be there are not. They have smeared into what you have here. I seriously think you should step back and try to produce a really good image before delving into the depths of the cartoon world.

^Maybe because it is a handheld HDR in low/weird light? I dont bring my tri-pod to Epcot, so I guess I need to stick to outdoor shots or mess with the ISO or something.

Sure will. I'm going to post some outdoor shots to see if I had any better luck with those.

So what are you shooting with?

When in situations like you were in, you should bump up the iso and if your camera allows for it a fast burst AEB in CH mode. I have shot night shots handheld with no problem up to 5 frames.

example

spin ride by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

it can be done but you need to make sure your settings are correct and you have that fast burst of shots. The lighting in your shot was much brighter than the night shots I took.

Thanks for sharing your pic. I like it. Is this too dark? Or does the dark make the fountain stand out, which is what I wanted?
$Foutain-2-dark.jpg

IMOP its a little dark, Those buildings look interesting and I would love to see more of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back