Jarquale - Actor Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A natural light portrait taken a few months ago, but I didn't get around to editing it until recently.
I used a silver reflector for fill light (made out of a $1 foam board with tin foil glued to it).
Shot with the original Canon 5D with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens attached set to f/5.6, 1/250th sec, ISO 500.
_MG_0222.jpg

Great 'feel' to this one. Dramatic angle and pose, tight crop, and slightly faded, slightly out of focus cityscape background

Wonderful portrait. The conversation works beautifully.

Nice portrait.

Now on this picture, hs manner of dress is the real seller here.

Well incorporated into an urban environment and a show of high self esteem and self respect!
This is a major winner for me, and (not a criticism at all here) one I would love to see 'silverized" in the tones to really make it pop.

Again.. Very well done!

Man how do you get so much texture???? I LOVE this image.

Now on this picture, hs manner of dress is the real seller here.

Well incorporated into an urban environment and a show of high self esteem and self respect!
This is a major winner for me, and (not a criticism at all here) one I would love to see 'silverized" in the tones to really make it pop.

Again.. Very well done!
Thank you so much. We were very intentional on his style in this, and his personal style is actually what inspired me to do this shoot with him. Jarquale is an actor who I lived with at the time that I took this photo.

Most reactions

Back