Jaspers on Blackberries!

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In my quest for good macro bug shots, I only managed to get to my front garden today...I did catch this wasp having a spot of blackberry juice...

...I think, looking at it now, that I sharpened the first too much, but other than that, what do you all think of these ones?

4933041500_106bbe7b16_b.jpg

4933072260_b2cbe8e66f_b.jpg

And this one of a spiders' lunch, which may not be technically that good, but I liked the "Horror movie" sort of feel to it...

4933113354_c67a65f361_b.jpg

All with M42 manual 135mm, at f11, with +10 macro filter and with super duper flash diffuser/deflector.

Those first couple are cool. Maybe a little hot on the flash.

WB looks weird. Make sure you are using the appropriate flash gel to match whatever ambient light you are shooting in. Or else you will be fussing between the two when adjusting your WB later. I dont usually use one on overcast days because the light is already very blue. Early morning or direct sunlight is pretty warm though. And may need to be adjusted for. :thumbup:

Edit: that bottom pic would be creepy-cool if the glow was only around the outside. I cant see any detail on the subject.

Likeing the wasp shots. The last one is a little mummy like creepy lol

Those first couple are cool. Maybe a little hot on the flash.

WB looks weird. Make sure you are using the appropriate flash gel to match whatever ambient light you are shooting in. Or else you will be fussing between the two when adjusting your WB later. I dont usually use one on overcast days because the light is already very blue. Early morning or direct sunlight is pretty warm though. And may need to be adjusted for. :thumbup:

Edit: that bottom pic would be creepy-cool if the glow was only around the outside. I cant see any detail on the subject.

I haven't any flash gels, I am using my on-board flash, diffused through kitchen paper!

Could you help me out...These were taken at 7.30pm last night. The sky was partly overcast, and I was blocking whatever sun we had with my camera...the wasp was in the blackberry bushes a little way. What would you use to diffuse the on-board flash? Remember, I am doing the DIY route here, with my home made diffuser! :D

Cheers

CRaig

Most reactions

Back