Jazz Vs. the Space Tiger

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
strange band name....This is the bassist.

c/c please!

shadows, i know. and the tip table was unavoidable.
img0875bi9.jpg

it's noisy on purpose. it was completely underexposed so i messed with some settings and i like what ive come out with....many probably wont like it. taken during a drum solo.
img0878ov4.jpg

again with the shadows, i know.
img0882xy6.jpg

and here's a gentleman who was really enjoying the show! lol
img0872mo8.jpg

IndieMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like the first shot, I felt like I was going to fall down from the angle lol.

That last photo = LOL.

:]

OP
spiffybeth

spiffybeth

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
bump

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first one has some sweet angles, it's mesmerizing to look at.

In general I hate posing and all of these have a natural look to them, even number two is just like the guitarist is glancing over. That one's actually my favorite because we can see a facial expression. You may want to try capturing more where he's doing something and not just looking down at his guitar, though that isn't necessarily a bad look.

Overall these look fine to me...shadows, noise, whatever. Fuzzy isn't bad, these are all interesting to look at and that's what matters.

Good stuff.

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

Bass.. >.<

You should find a different light source instead of your camera flash. You have already seen that you have a harsh shadow right behind him. Instead try to get softer light. A big window (though I can see it's dark outside) or a bounced flash would make these shot look better. I would also try to get a more dynamic angle instead of this one. Move as close as you can and get a shot close to his instrument! Tell him to strike a pose or something! ;)

OP
spiffybeth

spiffybeth

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like the first shot, I felt like I was going to fall down from the angle lol.

That last photo = LOL.

:]

thanks!

The first one has some sweet angles, it's mesmerizing to look at.

In general I hate posing and all of these have a natural look to them, even number two is just like the guitarist is glancing over. That one's actually my favorite because we can see a facial expression. You may want to try capturing more where he's doing something and not just looking down at his guitar, though that isn't necessarily a bad look.

Overall these look fine to me...shadows, noise, whatever. Fuzzy isn't bad, these are all interesting to look at and that's what matters.

Good stuff.

thanks rob!

Bass.. >.<

You should find a different light source instead of your camera flash. You have already seen that you have a harsh shadow right behind him. Instead try to get softer light. A big window (though I can see it's dark outside) or a bounced flash would make these shot look better. I would also try to get a more dynamic angle instead of this one. Move as close as you can and get a shot close to his instrument! Tell him to strike a pose or something! ;)

thanks for the feedback.
how were you able to tell these were taken at night?

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bass.. >.<

I'm aware of what it is. A bass is still a guitar.

Ronman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Beth, I found the first three photos interesting. I don't take many people pictures so I admire those who do. I don't usually like straight flash photos but I like fretless bass guitars. The last photo reminds me of one I modeled for using a very similar pose. ron

OP
spiffybeth

spiffybeth

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i fawking cracked the hell up at the last photo bahahahaha. i like your approach to a different method, nice job

thanks!

Beth, I found the first three photos interesting. I don't take many people pictures so I admire those who do. I don't usually like straight flash photos but I like fretless bass guitars. The last photo reminds me of one I modeled for using a very similar pose. ron

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics