Jen's Senior Photos

Silihari

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend's girlfriend wanted me to do her senior photos for her so we got together today and did some. It was hard getting ideas but we ended up getting some good shots and she was very pleased.

When I uploaded them from my camera I still had some wedding photos on it so instead of asking me if I wanted to re-upload the duplicates like usual it just re-uploaded them. Then when I went to the folder I couldn't find Jen's pictures! Stupid iPhoto put them in the Modified section instead of the Original section. Some are missing, but all the good ones are there thank goodness.

I hope you enjoy them. Please no crude comments.

1. I didn't get this shot centered properly and cant crop it or else it will cut off one of her feet and make the photo even more unbalanced. But it was one of my favorites.
IMG_0032copy.jpg

IMG_0062copy_retro.jpg

IMG_0109copy2.jpg

IMG_0058copy.jpg

IMG_0112copy.jpg

I like em, nicely composed and good expressions. The middle one with the yellow cast is not ideal, I would either reduce the yellow in the highlights overall, or isolate the wall and hue shift or simply desaturate - that is if you do post processing.

-Shea

definitely not bad...

A couple of thoughts...

1. her left ankle looks rather awkward with that angle.

2. both this and the first one are from below looking up. Usually I don't like this approach as it can lead to the feeling of looking up her nose. This shot also makes her look extremely thin. I think part of it may be because her top half is farther away than her legs (though really it's not that bad... I'm just nit-picking)

3. relatively nice shot. Here I think it would be nicer if the light was spread out more evenly. The face is quite bright, but the arms are rather dark. It looks like you did relatively direct lighting (I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like) and here a more angled lighting may have helped more to create nicer lighting.

In each of these shots, I think that her face looks overly smoothed out and they look plasticky (particularly 1&3) I'm not sure what you did to smooth these out, but maybe just lessen whatever you did a tad.

As Tirediron says (I think)... just my .02 your mileage may vary.

agreed... I didn't notice you were still adding them.

4. I already mentioned this, but I don't really like the down looking up. And from this angle it can really screw up perceived proportions. not bad though...

5. Really not a fan of this one. Much too direct of a shot... square head on is more masculine... lighting seems a bit harsh on this one.

Agree with all of the above but one. I'm going to disagree with Shea's comment regarding the composition; in fact I think the composition needs work. In each image, she's centred in the frame. A little variety in terms of positioning would make these much stronger, and some use of landscape aspect, perhaps to show her and her school/university (Do "Senior" portraits refer to high school, university, or ?)

Oh, and Nate, that'll be a buck thirty-five for the use of the signline please! :p

You did well squire! She should be very pleased.

Andy.

Most reactions

Back