Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Jess by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

First outing with the PLM from Paul C Buff. I used only one B800 and mainly used that the whole shoot. It was the first shoot of the year and first time testing out the new equipment. The lighting is amazing from that thing! Still looking into getting another B800 so I could be more versatile with my style. Let me know what you think.

Those PLM's appear to throw a veritable "wall of light"!!!!

Oh yes. These were shot on mostly 5.6 and 1/32 on the B800 about 10 feet away. I was so surprised. I loved it

The sheer ability of the PLM to gather and direct light is...staggering...they are ULTRA-efficient light modifiers!!!! I saw an entire HOUSE (2-story, 1940's style!!!!) lighted up with ONE flash, from across the street, in an early PLM test. One, single speedlight flash, illuminating an entire HOUSE facade, from 70 feet or so away...I saw Rob Galbraith's initial and round 2 tests of the PLM's for use on 50-100-person athletic team portrait work, and the PLM's were far and away the most-efficient umbrellas he had ever tested.

Yeah so far in with one shoot I love it. However I do need some sand bags now! It almost got blown over once the wind picked up. That's the only down fall i can think off.

I would feel bad for the model if the B800 was on full power. May be blinded momentarily.

Thank you kind sir. First time working with an African American girl. She was lovely to work with and taught me a lot.

Most reactions

Back