Joining the forum and spam

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by JohnMF, Dec 28, 2007.

1. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    We have defiantly noticed an increase in spam and have taken a few small measures to help deal with it in a timely manner however the bottom line is, there really is no way to stop it completely right now. This spam problem has not just hit this forum. Many blogs have also noted an increase in spam posts.
    The best way to help us all right now is to make use of the report post option. Using that button sends emails to the appropriate people notifying us that a post has been reported. We are a growing forum and are open to ideas and do make changes.

2. Battou

Battou TPF junkie!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No one ever did answer my question, When I chunk a pile of links into a report, do they come up as useable links in the E-Mail that gets sent?

I have done it a couple times and report them all at once and save some staff some space in the spamreport boxes and as a means of evading the ten second thing during heavy flow from a single bot.

3. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm, well, I'll put it this way. I've never had a link say it was bad. So I guess it works. lol

4. Battou

Battou TPF junkie!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Ah cool, I feel better being able to do it all on one fell swoop, I assume it will proove easier on the staff dealing with the spam too.