Joker's lair ...

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

huge amount of work after this, with L*a*b, with colours, with other adjustments .. It's main entrance to our National Technical Museum in Prague ... unfortunately this was complete handheld casual shot so I had to do some compromises to get at least 1/40s on DX ..

full

24mm, f/3.2, 1/40s, ISO 1000, -1.33EV (D7200 + Tokina 24-70mm f/2.8)

I hope you will like it ..

thank you very much for your feedback !!!

cheers, ~d

ps. don't ask me why I picked this name for the photo ...

Last edited:
Very nice, colorful shot. I like looking inside at the interior, it's nicely exposed.

Very nice, colorful shot. I like looking inside at the interior, it's nicely exposed.
thank you Kirk !!!! Actually this photo is very important to me because I've got introduced myself thanks to it to multiple techniques that I didn't use before while postprocessing (a lot to learn still - I don't wanna say I did use them perfectly, I am learning through the process) ... only what can be done better is to shoot this with tripod to have some more than f/3.2 and ISO 1000 because these night photographs shots on DX don't look good with raised ISO (above 100 :D, it's DX, even 100 has visible noise in night)

The colors do give it a certain atmosphere, as an advice: I would select (see example) the text, then sharpen it a little bit ( just discover how far you can go) and also make this text a little darker , the letters become a bit sharper, so avoiding a somewhat overbright/blurred effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntz
The colors do give it a certain atmosphere, as an advice: I would select (see example) the text, then sharpen it a little bit ( just discover how far you can go) and also make this text a little darker , the letters become a bit sharper, so avoiding a somewhat overbright/blurred effect.

View attachment 247814
Servus GK,

thank you very much for your input ... that's exactly what I love to hear, I mean this kind of technical feedback ...

it's interesting and funny, that you've actually returned the text more towards the original balance because I've lightened the text a bit intentionally in postprocess and also I made it more blue-ish pronounced because original letters were more white (because of dynamic range on this photo) so I have to say, I was focusing exactly on what you suggest but by some reason I went with what you see ...

cheers, ~d

Most reactions

Back