JPG Magazine C+C welcome

JackGC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, in my last thread shmne said how I should keep my mind on 'why' i am taking these photographs. So i set out to create a more meaningful piece, some of you may not enjoy but i'll risk putting it on here, haha
Its also up for voting on jpgmagazine.com now so it would be great if anyone contributes!
JPG: Photos: "Golden Apples" by Jack Carvosso
Thanks guys :)
apples2.jpg

I don't really get it, but I do like it, except for the chopped feeling from the black line down the middle and the shadows on the right that don't appear on the left side of the line. It appears the stalactites in the background continue throughout, so I feel like the tree should as well.

I like the concept ... alot actually, but the blur on him and his hand (especially the hand) really irk me for some reason. Everything else is crisp except for him.

Maybe you can explain what your theme is, so we can understand your composition.

Here is what I see;
The person is in motion towards the keyhole - hence the blur on the person. Light is entering the right room via the keyhole and the person is seeing another 'world' through the key hole, maybe even being drawn into it.
or not -
the key hanging in the other room could through off all of that.

The theme could be a more clear. I like the idea though - almost like Alice in Wonderland.

Theme - New Reality.
pbelarge, you are very close, about the seperate rooms and lighting.
Wanting something that you cannot have, peeking through the key hole he can see what he desires but yet the thing needed to get to it is behind a locked door. The key on the right is the correct key and as you can see on the floor, he has tried many key's, all of which do not fit.

Oh and Geaux, i know what you mean, luckily i have two copies of this image, one with blur and one without, i thought the blur would bring a matter of haste to the image :)

AHHH, I didn't even see the keys on the floor the first time :D

Maybe lighten those up or bring them up closer just in case I wasn't the only one to skip over this detail. It seems like it gives the story more meaning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back