Jubiliatin

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
11140035_10204938356275019_2993170645568027257_n.jpg

WOW! Just a work of art. So graceful. Beautiful curves and full of life. Stunning!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Absolutely beautiful. Just fantastic.....

I am sure this looks fantastic on a small screen, like a phone display. I am seeing it on a 30 inch Apple Cinema display and it looks very halo-y and over-sharpened on the edges of the flowers. I think it would look better if the overall image character were moved more toward a colored-pencil look. Addendum: yes, I just typed in the URL and looked at it on my iPhone 4...it looks outstanding at phone size, and the image's degree of contrast matches the iPhone's display almost perfectly. Looks GREAT ON iPhone.

I am sure this looks fantastic on a small screen, like a phone display. I am seeing it on a 30 inch Apple Cinema display and it looks very halo-y and over-sharpened on the edges of the flowers. I think it would look better if the overall image character were moved more toward a colored-pencil look. Addendum: yes, I just typed in the URL and looked at it on my iPhone 4...it looks outstanding at phone size, and the image's degree of contrast matches the iPhone's display almost perfectly. Looks GREAT ON iPhone.
Thanks Darrel. I would love to try the method you have suggested, but I am not familiar with the path to do this You can teach an old dog new tricks. BTW. 76 in a few weeks. Ed

Thanks Darrel. I would love to try the method you have suggested, but I am not familiar with the path to do this You can teach an old dog new tricks. BTW. 76 in a few weeks. Ed

You don't look a day older than a young Hipster. :)

I have a surfer photo to share hopefully later tonight. His nicknames are Hippy and Fatman.

I have to agree with Derrel here. The sharpening is a touch overdone.
What is your workflow with respect to sharpening? What processing software do you use?
Do you shoot RAW or JPEG? I ask because the image looks like it also has a good deal of noise reduction applied.

Very nice composition. Is that a Honeysuckle?

You find the most fascinating plants!! Another lovely shot.

I have to agree with Derrel here. The sharpening is a touch overdone.
What is your workflow with respect to sharpening? What processing software do you use?
Do you shoot RAW or JPEG? I ask because the image looks like it also has a good deal of noise reduction applied.
hi there, Raw only, I normally edit in Lightroom. noise reduction and sharpening. Finish in Photoshop with smart sharpen. Had a lot of noise so I must be over sharpening to compensate.
I have since cut the high limit on m ISO to 200. It was 3200.
Still trying learn it all. Ed

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back