Jumping right in.

Fadi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a new member to this forum, and figured what better way to start than to post a picture here. Only thing I can see off bat is that it needs to be cropped a bit from the top. But other than that, what do you guys think?

21016872-L.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

I really like the perspective on the old Buick. You have got to love those old boats. While I do think a crop would help, I think that a better choice of backgrounds would be much better. Even if you took off the top half of this shot...there is still a pole/wires right behind the car. One side has a building that closely matches the color of the car, that might work better it if were on both sides...or not there at all.

It might even work if you cut the car right out of the background and put it into an whole new scene because that's a great shot of the car.

welcome aboard Fadi!
I agree with Mike about the backgound
and I really like the composition :) well... ok maybe top cropping may help a bit but even though I like it :p

welcome fadi yes i too agree about the background only because of the distraction factor away from the main subject, it might have even looked better blurred out! (the background i mean) nice subject!!

Unfourtunetly, I'm stuck with the background. This abandoned car was in front of an old abandoned building/garage off of a back road in rural Tennessee I found while exploring during my recent vacation. Here are a few more: http://faditara.smugmug.com/gallery/511650

Thanks for the feedback, and the welcome :)

You know... I actually like it cropped WAY down to a very short panorama w/ the "Buick" in the middle - you focus on the name and the very cool weathering. I mean, what's a classic old boat w/o a classic old oxidized paint job? Viva los barco!

Yes, Barb, that was going to be my suggestion, too. If nothing can be done about the background, a very daring crop, right to the roof of this old car, could do the trick. Quite so!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back