What's new

"junk" opinions

pbjunkie818

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Rogers Arkansas
Well this picture you may have seen on the contest....I took it behind my house, and wanted to see what everyone thought.

Benjunk.jpg
 
My immediate thought is: it is lacking in contrasts. It is quite grey all in all and a tiny bump in contrasts could make its impact go up immediately.
 
No, I am not speaking about "selective colouring" or so. Just make the shadow areas blacker and the light areas whiter (lighter grey). Shall I give it a go?
 
I think bringing in the white point, black point and moving mid-grey in Levels would sort it out very well. If you'd like an edit to demonstrate, just let me know!

Rob
 
pb,
What they are saying is that the photo is flat. It is lacking contrast, so by adjusting the black and white points with curves and adding some contrast you are able to make the photo pop more and add depth to the photo. I believe this is what Corinna was talking about:
Benjunk1.jpg


See, if you look at the photo above and then look at your photo below, you can see how there is more deminsion to the objects in the photo.

Benjunk.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom