astrostu
I shoot for the stars
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2006
- Messages
- 673
- Reaction score
- 17
- Location
- Boulder, CO, USA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Tonight the sky was supposed to be really good for Boulder in terms of transparency and seeing (shakiness/"twinkling") so I got to the telescopes 20 minutes before the undergrads were arriving for a lab and hooked my camera up.
I love the 7D's video capability. :love:
I took about 2.5 min. of video at 30 fps at HD resolution. ISO 500. I ended up using 76 of the 4524 frames taken, so a total of about 2.53 seconds averaged together. The moons were done at ISO 2000 for 30.6 seconds and I ended up averaging 51 of the 918 frames (1.7 seconds).
After LOTS of processing on the planet to try to bring out some detail, I superimposed it in place of the super-saturated version in the moon shot. Rotated and labeled and this is the result. It's still not as sharp as I want it, but I think at this point I'm limited by optics and by Boulder's turbulent atmosphere.
I love the 7D's video capability. :love:
I took about 2.5 min. of video at 30 fps at HD resolution. ISO 500. I ended up using 76 of the 4524 frames taken, so a total of about 2.53 seconds averaged together. The moons were done at ISO 2000 for 30.6 seconds and I ended up averaging 51 of the 918 frames (1.7 seconds).
After LOTS of processing on the planet to try to bring out some detail, I superimposed it in place of the super-saturated version in the moon shot. Rotated and labeled and this is the result. It's still not as sharp as I want it, but I think at this point I'm limited by optics and by Boulder's turbulent atmosphere.
Last edited: