Just a college Rant

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! Just going to be off after this last chemistry class and I'm off to home for a little! Thanksgiving break is the first break of the semester that is longer than 3 days off. I will be home for tonight then heading to Boston and NYC for 2 days. I'm really sad for the photography aspect because I only have a 18-55, 50 1.8, and 80-200 2.8 lens at my disposal. I wish I had a 17-55 2.8 for NYC or just an overall good lens that isn't too big like the 80-200. Quite frankly I think I would be able to get some good shots with the 50mm. But I hate being constricted to a prime and not being able to back up or zoom out with my feet. Just wish I had enough for a 17-55 or a 24-70.. One day I shall have enough and be one step closer to the trilogy :p

As for those with good lens, I'm jealous ;)

That's all I have to say. Just looking at BH and Adorama used department and found myself a bit envious.

have you considered just getting the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8? or the sigma version? the non VC/OS versions are pretty cheap, and perform well.

what?

Once you start letting equipment drive your photography, you are going about it the wrong way. Enablers nothing more nothing less....

Its ok to want better stuff but don't let the equipment stop you....

Okay, I tell you what. Just ship that 80-200 f/2.8 to me, and I'll be glad to use it instead.

Man, I'd LOVE to be looking at some time off and have that lens to go out and shoot with!

But then, I spent several years with nothing but a point-and-shoot and then about 6-8 months with a D5100 but "nothing but" a kit 18-55 lens. Somehow, I still managed to have a blast taking pictures!

I'd LOVE to have better glass. Even now, the best lens I have is my Tokina 100mm macro. I do hope to get a 70-200 f/2.8 sometime this next year, but it's highly probable that I will NEVER have the kind of really awesome glass that the pros have--because I'm not a pro, and I'm not stinkin' rich (or even non-stinking rich...I'm no kind of rich at all, in terms of money). But I don't honestly care--I'd much rather enjoy and appreciate what I've got than to pine away for "something better."

Besides, honestly? It's a great satisfaction to me when someone I respect as a photographer really likes one of my photos, and then finds out I took it with a kit lens--makes me feel more like *I* accomplished that result, not just my great lens. (Not that this happens very often... :lol: )

I wish I had 3 days off. Heck, I often wish I could take one day off a week.

But then...I can buy whatever lens I want, so I guess that's fair.

Continue with your "rant".

I have two week off in December so everyone should expect lots of sub-par photos from me.

I wish I had 3 days off. Heck, I often wish I could take one day off a week.

But then...I can buy whatever lens I want, so I guess that's fair.

Continue with your "rant".

I'll trade you one of my days off for one of your lenses. :lmao:
I actually have over two weeks of vacation time I need to take before the end of the year, or I lose it. Trouble is, I'm in the middle of two big projects and already sweating getting them done in time.
One week will likely be between Christmas and New Year's, when I plan to take my mom somewhere--probably won't get much photography time in, not the way *I* like to do it, anyway.
But I am hoping to take a few of the other days to concentrate on some fun photo outings...just me and my inferior equipment... :lol:

what specifically do you find limiting about the gear you have already?

I'd loan you mine, but it's for Canon. Sorry!

I love primes! Primes=dreamy, creamy, bokeh sandwiches. No, I am not drunk. Yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back