Just a few questions about my new nikon d60!

gumball513

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well i just got a nikon d60 and i freaking love it! I just have a few quick questions nothing major.

1- Is there anyway i can keep the flash down so i dont have to hold it?

2- The 2 lenses i got with the camera are ok, but when i get enough money which lense should i get?

3- Finally, sometimes when im taking just regular shots and not action, the exposure stays open. How do i change this?

Yes, ive looked in the manual but i just cannot find answers to 1 or 3

1- Take the camera off Auto and put it to either Program, Aperature Priority or Shutter Priority.

2- Huge question. I'd say shoot a lot and come back with more details on where you think the lenses you have are falling down and be sure to tell us your budget.

3- Sounds like the cam isn't getting enough light. Shoot in brighter areas or change the ISO on the camera so it can get the image with less light or use a flash.

1. Anything but Auto mode or the other presets. In other words you'll want to be in (P, S, A, M).

Program Auto (like Auto mode but w/o flash and you can tweak it).
Shutter Priority
Aperture Priority
Manual

2. Depends on what your subject is and the conditions you shoot in.

3. Shutter priority to at least 1/500 should do it, set Auto White Balance to 'on' and let the camera do the rest.

Read your camera manual again, and again , and again , and again until you understand how your camera works. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back