just a path

Josh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My scanner is out so I took a digital pic of a print. A little ruff but you get the idea =) This is one of my favorets; it wasn't untell I made a 20x24 print of this one befor I truely took to it.

It was shot with an RB 6x7 and diveloped on location (in a makeshift darkroom). The location is on the coast in N. California near the Oregon border.

Feel free to tell me what you think,

canopy.jpg

Looks great but then I like that kind of shot, would've preferred it in color but that's just me.

Hi Josh!

Thats a cool shot! Did you shoot this during midday? just curious. my only complaint is a wish the midtones where a bit stronger. But it makes want to go tramping in Northern California. Sweet thanks for sharing

It whas around 4pm. I thought about pulling it for some more of the mid range but I didn't want to lose that ominus feel of the hard light coming through the canopy. I whent for a more contrasty neg. In the print there is detail in all of the dark areas; the digital coppy print lost most of that ...oh well.

Maybe I'll print it agen with less contrast...hmmm

mrsid99 you may not have liked it in color...there wasn't much color at that time of year =) a little browne

My personal experience with photos taken in woods has so far mostly been none too positive: I see something nice, like a ray of light, or maybe, like here, a path, and take the photo, but the result tends to make me unhappy. Too much "restlessness" in the photo, if you see what I mean? Trees and their branches are difficult objects, I find, no matter how patient and still they may be.

I, too, had wondered first thing: what would this have been like in colour?
And I think I'd still like to know...

Sorry guys...I rairly shoot color for myself =) Only wen a costumer wants it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back