Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Looking for C&C on the crop of these 3 photos (other C&C is also welcome).

If you feel that none of these crops works, I would love to see your crops.

(Truth is, I really don't like the first one, even though it gives me the plane, and the space on the left of the frame to follow the gaze of the "ramper" (or ramp service agent), and I personally like the last the best)

EDIT - (funny, but the order I put them in, is not the order I've mentioned above. In the order that they are in here, I dislike the last, but like the 3rd the most, followed by the first, then the 2nd)

Thanks,

Bruce

Attachments

• Airline Worker bringing in plane cropped.jpg
    Airline Worker bringing in plane cropped.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Airline Worker bringing in plane.jpg
    Airline Worker bringing in plane.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 103
  • Airline Worker bringing in plane cropped - 2.jpg
    Airline Worker bringing in plane cropped - 2.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Airline Worker bringing in plane cropped - 3.jpg
    Airline Worker bringing in plane cropped - 3.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
For me, one (top left) or either on the bottom (three and four). I prefer the closer crops of the ramper.

Sorry, a bit dull today.
I think the composition is very good but the shadow is so deep and dull and blue that it needs someone better than me to make it really good.
Tough exposure, huge dynamic range and through a window (?)
Airline-llllllllllllllll.jpg

top right for me

Sorry, a bit dull today.
I think the composition is very good but the shadow is so deep and dull and blue that it needs someone better than me to make it really good.
Tough exposure, huge dynamic range and through a window (?)View attachment 87217
Thanks Lew.
The plane was still moving at that stage, and I had but one chance to get the shot. No question that the shadows are too deep and blue, but no matter how much I played with it, I couldn't get anything that looked realistic.
If we weren't moving, I would have bracketed the shot.
And yes, it was through a window. My days of riding on the wing, on the top of the plane or dangling under a perfectly good plane with nothing but a piece of cloth and some string between me and the sky, and me between the above mentioned and the earth, are loooong gone :1247: (although I do sometimes miss the freedom).

What, no poll?

Third (bottom left, just to be certain) - the most balanced. I think it looks fine as is. Making the sun-lit part of the runway a little lighter might be good.

Third and fourth for me.

What, no poll?

Third (bottom left, just to be certain) - the most balanced. I think it looks fine as is. Making the sun-lit part of the runway a little lighter might be good.
Thanks KenC, maybe I should make a poll to see if people want me to make a poll :headbang:

Third is my favourite also, I'll try to lighten up the lit part of the runway to see how it looks.

Most reactions

Back