just a silly question

LynziMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
about cameras....
I have the Nikon D50, and honestly, I love it... For what I do best, it works fabulously for me.

The question I have is why they stopped making D50 and went down a notch to the D40... I believe they also brought in the D60 at the same time, though... what exactly are the differences between the three? I'm not going to get a new camera for a long time... and if I did it'd be the D300... but anyways, does anyone know?

The question I have is why they stopped making D50 and went down a notch to the D40

The only "step back" from the D50 is the lack of an internal auto-focus, everything else about the D40(x) is effectively the same or improved.

What ANDS! said... plus.

The D40 replaced the D50, that is true... and several months later the D40x (the 10MP version of the D40) was added to the Nikon DSLR family without actually replacing the D40. The D60 is a new camera, recently released, that replaces only the D40x and not the D40.

The "current" Nikon consumer camera lineup is the D40, D60, D80, D200 and D300... with the D3 for pros.

hmm... gotcha!
thanks guys!!

Most reactions

Back