What's new

Just another Grand Canyon shot

Hokiehall

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
191
Reaction score
11
Location
Central Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
grandcanyon00-551.jpg
 
There's some very pretty colors in there.

Yavapai Point? Looks like you used a bit longer lens?
 
There's some very pretty colors in there.

Yavapai Point? Looks like you used a bit longer lens?

Thanks. I do not remember the area I took this, but I was using a Canon 70-200 lens. This was taken in 2003. I am going through all of them and pulling the best ones to tinker with.
 
Thanks. I do not remember the area I took this, but I was using a Canon 70-200 lens. This was taken in 2003. I am going through all of them and pulling the best ones to tinker with.

I like doing that. I'm glad I've been shooting RAW the last couple years. As my PS skills improve I've been getting more out of the reedits of my shots.

You have what I think of as ~painterly~ qualities in the shot.


Here's why I was thinking of Yavapai Point (south of the Grand Canyon Village)

http://digital-desert.com/grand-canyon/yavapai/3205682.jpg

Last time I went through there I tried to get shots from all the viewpoints that the shuttle bus stops at.

Grand Canyon Pictures

Again, looks nice. Have fun.
 
Thanks Abraxas.

We are talking about returning to the area this year if things work out. We are not sure where but somewhere in the southwest US. While we like the canyon area, we may hit more in Utah this time. Any suggestions? We will probably fly in somewhere, maybe Vegas, and rent a car and head out from there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom