Just another Lakeland sunset: a memory

Helen B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One winter's afternoon a friend and I decided to do a route on Great End in the English Lake District. We drove to Wasdale Head and strolled up to Sprinkling Tarn. There we had a little snack, and a Park Ranger chatted to us. "Done for the day?" "No, we've just arrived."

We went up South East Gully fairly quickly, and thought that we might have time to do Central Gully if we didn't dawdle. We came out of the shade of Central into the last rays of the sun and sat there watching the sun go down over the sea. There was enough time to walk up the Corridor route to the top of Scafell Pike before heading back down to Wasdale Head for a pint.

lingmell.jpg

Wonderful view there. I've not been up the fells in winter for some time now. I once camped at Styhead Tarn below Green Gable, walking in from Seathwaite. The weather was perfect on the way up, but as we began to set up the tents, the wind got up and we were nearly blown away - talk about battered. I was in a 4-seasons tent and the wind bent all the aircraft aluminium struts. The bacon butty and mug of tea the following morning were wonderful though - the rest of our party had bailed out in the middle of the night :lol:

nice view... tells me i still have to visit the lake district :)... never made it there.

seems to be a nice place in winter.

I like the warm reflection of light in the foreground.

nice view....makes me feel like I am the king of the world.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back