What's new

Just another sunset

zeppelin390

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
83
Reaction score
7
Location
Delaware
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But what I like about it is the smokey effect from the wind on the water on the left side of the pier, and the water on the right side of the pier is not affected as much


DSC04972.jpg
 
That is pretty cool! The colours are fantastic, too.

Did you want C&C? If yes - the horizon is a little bit crooked (minor point).
Nice shot.
 
Yes, C&C please.
It's funny you said something about the horizon being crooked. I was out and about doing other stuff that day, and grabbed my camera bag to take with me, but not my tripod. So when I pulled over to take this shot, I begin cussing myself up one side and down the other for not having my tripod. So i had to set my camera on a dock pilling, and slide a rock under the lens to support it.....not the best level situation, lol.
 
You did good without the tripod :) No self-cussing required.

All you need to do is straighten it out in post-processing, easy as pie.
 
I quite like this image. My only complaint is that it looks a bit soft.. Obviously this is because of not having a tripod to properly mount the camera. Nice shot though!
 
post processing and I don't quite get along too well yet, but I am working to improve upon our working relationship. I think I just get a little overwhelmed with all the functions these software programs provide. I recently bought Adobe Lightshop, and have claimed a great success in figuring out how to adjust the white balance with my RAW files.....baby steps...baby steps
 
I hear ya :)

I think you can do the really simple stuff, like straightening, changing contrast, etc, in photobucket and flicker, if that helps. It's not the best way to go about it, but it's a help until you have the chance to learn Lightshop.

No matter what - still a good shot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom