What's new

Just Blowing Smoke

jdsfighter

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
266
Reaction score
29
Location
Owasso, OK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out with a friend to a local hookah lounge. I thought it would be cool to grab some shots while I was there.

First picture:
Original
img05314.jpg


Post Processing Experiments
img05312.jpg

img05313.jpg

img05315.jpg



More likely to follow.
 
The only one I really like is number 1. The others look like presets that didn't work out well TBQH.
 
The only one I really like is number 1. The others look like presets that didn't work out well TBQH.

Very understandable, I was simply experimenting with post processing. None of them are actually presets, just a lot of tweaking.
 
I understand. As a person that's new to the world of digital photographic post processing, it's easy to get carried away. I was there once!!! :)
 
Honestly, I'd prefer not to focus on that aspect yet, I'm really wanting to learn how to adjust my manual for optimal settings, and how to compose my photos (even spontaneous ones) better.
 
I bet they'd look better if it wasn't hookah in those pipes. :-)
 
I bet they'd look better if it wasn't hookah in those pipes. :-)

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MARIJUANA?!

If so, we should meet somewhere in Maine, as we share similar interests.
 
The only one I really like is number 1. The others look like presets that didn't work out well TBQH.

what he said....first one is good....the others are wanna bees of the first one
 
Does anyone in Maine not share similar interests? lol.

We should hookup one of these days though, no homo, as I'm sure I'd learn a lot hangin with ya shooting things. Taking pictures too. ;-)
 
I agree about the first one being the only one that works. The others look like post-processing experiments that didn't pan out.

I like the fact that you went with a silhouette and the fact that part of the smoke can be seen over the silhouette around your model's mouth. I don't like the red artifacts around the reflection on the wall.
 
I guess im the only one that likes number four the best. But i do agree, the post processing is too much. Good job tho :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom