Just bought some equipment...

giorgio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I feel kind of glad and guilty at the same time, oh well.
I hope the orders go through verifications with no problems.

This is what I bought:

Nikon 50mm f/1.4D-AF
NK5014AFD.JPG

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DG DF AutoFocus
SG247028NNK.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-Photo-Speedlite-Softbox-L-Bracket/dp/B001U3F1YG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266171810&sr=1-1"]CowboyStudio Photo / Video 16" Speedlite Flash Softbox[/ame]
41l30loRtKL._SL500_SS75_.jpg

ALZO 24'' x 36'' LARGE RECTANGLE SOFTBOX for SPEEDLIGHT
porta_flash_softbox_metz_side_view_75h.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-Equipment-Triple-Reflector-Holder/dp/B002A3TW2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266171756&sr=8-1#moreAboutThisProduct"]CowboyStudio Photo Equipment Disc Triple Reflector Holder[/ame]
41pWXqnW%2B6L._SL500_SS75_.jpg

3 reflectors (2x32'' & 1x 22'')Flashpoint Collapsible Disc Reflector, Silver / Soft Gold
FPPR32SG.JPG

Savage Two Section Chrome Boom Arm, 47.6" to 83" Length, 1/4" & 3/8" Mounting Studs, with Weight Bag
SALSAB101.jpg

Zeikos ZE-UV82 82mm Multi-Coated UV Filter
31yrNc8WCQL._SL500_SS75_.jpg

Opteka 52mm Screw-in Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood / Shade
311SRCWd2NL._SL500_SS75_.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! What lens is that 82mm filter for? I had to buy an 82mm Kiesman circ polarizer the other day. I hate buying filters that big. LOL

BTW, I have an 86mm circ polarizer for sale. LOL

Nice! What lens is that 82mm filter for? I had to buy an 82mm Kiesman circ polarizer the other day. I hate buying filters that big. LOL

I bought it for the Sigma 24-70mm
548306 Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DG DF AutoFocus Standard Zoom Lens with Hood for Nikon AF Cameras

The filter was for 3.00usd. so I just want it for protection when in certain conditions, like the subject(s) playing with dirt or mud or jumping over me while I'm at floor level, etc.

But I already received an order rejection notification from that seller(filter) and for the Hood from another seller, through Amazon.
I live in Mexico, at the border with Hidalgo TX. So I ship the stuff to a friend's house at Mission TXs and then I just go pick it up.
So the shipping address is not the same as my credit card's ofcourse, and have to deal with this sometimes.

Those items were the less important anyway, I'll still see if I can do something.

Last edited:
I did not realize the Sigma used such a large filter.

I bought it for the Sigma 24-70mm
548306 Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX Aspherical DG DF AutoFocus Standard Zoom Lens with Hood for Nikon AF Cameras

The filter was for 3.00usd. so I just want it for protection when in certain conditions, like the subject(s) playing with dirt or mud or jumping over me while I'm at floor level, etc.

But I already received an order rejection notification from that seller(filter) and for the Hood from another seller, through Amazon.
I live in Mexico, at the border with Hidalgo TX. So I ship the stuff to a friend's house and then just go to pick it up.
So the shipping address is not the same as my credit card's ofcourse, and have to deal with this sometimes.

Those items were the less important anyway, I'll still see if I can do something.

It was probably a good thing that happened though. Those cheap filters even just used for protection will take away from the IQ and you would be better off w/out any filter on the lens at all. Go for a hoya or B+W and if you don't have the cash either skip it or just save up.

Congrats though on all that new gear have fun with it!

Hey, I'm looking into buying some equipment too, and I was wondering what you think of the cowboy studio/alzo stuff...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back