Just bought the D90 today =D

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I upgraded from a D40 to a D90 today. Such a huge step up. Great camera and very solid. Feels great in my hand. Got it with the 18-105mm VR & 70-300mm VR telephoto lens. Love the combination. Will take it out tomorrow. Ill do some comparison test between the D40 and D90 as well. Will post some pictures soon.

You will love it, I just went from the D60 to the D90 and feel like I am in heaven.

i'm waiting to do the same!!

I heard rumors that there are going to be price drops in April, which is why I was waiting. . .how much did you get your D90 for, and where? I'm a priceline negotiator when it comes to these biggie purchases. . .I just signed up for the Bank of America Add It Up program simply because I could get 4% back on my purchase from JR, lol!

i'm waiting to do the same!!

I heard rumors that there are going to be price drops in April, which is why I was waiting. . .how much did you get your D90 for, and where? I'm a priceline negotiator when it comes to these biggie purchases. . .I just signed up for the Bank of America Add It Up program simply because I could get 4% back on my purchase from JR, lol!

hahaha I'm the same way. I actually wasn't planning on buying it there, thinking it'll be cheaper on amazon but when I talked to the sales guy there, I keep asking him what he can do for me. Basically the more I ask him the lower of the price he dropped. It went from the original 1299 price for the kit and 589 for the 70-300mm VR lens to $1660 for both out the door. That's basically amazon price before shipping and the wait. So I jumped on it.

feel like I am in heaven.

x2....took it out to Santa Monica today for some shots and I totally love it. I'm waiting for a good night to take some moon shot with my 300mm lens.

hahaha I'm the same way. I actually wasn't planning on buying it there, thinking it'll be cheaper on amazon but when I talked to the sales guy there, I keep asking him what he can do for me. Basically the more I ask him the lower of the price he dropped. It went from the original 1299 price for the kit and 589 for the 70-300mm VR lens to $1660 for both out the door. That's basically amazon price before shipping and the wait. So I jumped on it.

WOAH!

That's a smacking awesome deal - $300 off and you got the 18-105 and 70-300?!

What sucks for those that don't want the extra lenses is that there is less bargaining power, since the shops have some cushion built into the kits and lenses. . .BODY only is a toughie, but with all the rebates Nikon's releasing around the world, I'm sure the U.S. will get something soon. . .right now, in France and Germany, they have a D90 promotion where you get a free grip if you purchase the body, so at the least, if no price drop, I get a $150 grip!

Post some pics up at 300mm in the evening when you get a chance!

Hey there,

I was just doing some research on the Canon 5DM2 and the D90 and found your topic here. I am looking to step up from my D40x as well and found the price difference between the M2 and D90 to favor the D90. The only concerns I have are the performance under low light(I like concert photography and natural/available light use) or the ISO noise performance. I also already own some lenses which I am concerned will not work on the D90. The lenses are in my signature. I heard that they will work but images will be cropped. If this is the case how would what you see in the viewfinder differ from what you will actually get when you snap a picture? I know the viewfinder system on the D40x is some sort or prism mechanism which lets you see what the lens is seeing. Any info on these questions?

WOAH!

That's a smacking awesome deal - $300 off and you got the 18-105 and 70-300?!

What sucks for those that don't want the extra lenses is that there is less bargaining power, since the shops have some cushion built into the kits and lenses. . .BODY only is a toughie, but with all the rebates Nikon's releasing around the world, I'm sure the U.S. will get something soon. . .right now, in France and Germany, they have a D90 promotion where you get a free grip if you purchase the body, so at the least, if no price drop, I get a $150 grip!

Post some pics up at 300mm in the evening when you get a chance!

that's true, I'd probably wouldn't be able to get that price if I had not buy those lenses. Tonight had such a nice clear sky but the moon isn't out! but I'll definitely post some evening/night shots at 300mm.

Hey there,

I was just doing some research on the Canon 5DM2 and the D90 and found your topic here. I am looking to step up from my D40x as well and found the price difference between the M2 and D90 to favor the D90. The only concerns I have are the performance under low light(I like concert photography and natural/available light use) or the ISO noise performance. I also already own some lenses which I am concerned will not work on the D90. The lenses are in my signature. I heard that they will work but images will be cropped. If this is the case how would what you see in the viewfinder differ from what you will actually get when you snap a picture? I know the viewfinder system on the D40x is some sort or prism mechanism which lets you see what the lens is seeing. Any info on these questions?

I've haven't try my d90 at a concert or club but so far at the low lighting I've tried its been great. One thing though, you've got to manually set the WB and have ISO NR on to get better image. auto WB just doesn't seem to come out right. As far a the cropped images, I believe the D90 viewfinder covers 96%. Those lenses that you have should work fine. D90 will suppose AF and AF-S lenses.

Most reactions

Back