Just curious if this is an interesting shot, or if it is ok?

sheyene29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that the color in the sky is quite bland and if anyone knows how to make it darker that would be great, but I'm curious if you guys think its a good shot?? I really like it for some reason, but I'm biased as this is my horse lol.

Okay, I tried fixing the sky but now I think it just looks fake??

025-2.jpg

I know 0 about horses so I don't know what is supposed to be looked at on a face of a horse. I like this shot cause it looks like the horse is smiling. YOu can fix the glare with photoshop as well as the blown sky.

They sky actually looks more real in the second one.

The shot isn't that great because you have a weird crop and composition going. If it has meaning to you, personally, then you have achieved your purpose and there's no need for artistic critique :)

They sky actually looks more real in the second one.

The shot isn't that great because you have a weird crop and composition going. If it has meaning to you, personally, then you have achieved your purpose and there's no need for artistic critique :)

I actually didn't do any post cropping of this picture, that was how I took it (lol, I so suck at post editing) I did manage to figure out how to get the sky a little darker in the second one after playing around in the editing side of photobucket, but I think the first one might look more washed out because I tried to eliminate a power line that looked like it was coming out of his nose.

I do find it interesting, but only because it is my horse and I always think he's gorgeous lol, that was why I thought I would see how more objective eyes thought of the photo.

I like it. I think perhaps some more of the neck left in on the right would make it feel more balanced, but overall I think you have a pretty good thing going.

I like it. I think perhaps some more of the neck left in on the right would make it feel more balanced, but overall I think you have a pretty good thing going.
I agree, a little more neck would have halped, but it's a nice portrait of your horse (who is, by the way, really cute!)

I like the edited sky - but I looks like you missed a but arround the ear closest to the camera...

It's a nice capture, with the ears forward an all. Nice an alert! Maybe try dodging the highlights in his (?) eye...?

Hehe, I partboard a mare, and I agree that it's hard not to love every shot I take of her, and to remember composition and stuff while taking pictures.

i think if you could do it again and try to add a little something more in the background it would be cool. but if you were coming from a minimalist POV then thats cool too. just my opinion

I don't mind the crop actually. There is enough detail that I am not wondering if I am missing anything. The sky in the second one doesn't look fake. I sometimes feel that some of my edits look fake, but is only because I was used to what the original looked like. Good job, I would agree on the side of interesting photo.

I personally LOVE the composition. I just wish you didn't blow the sky out.

Thanks everyone for your honesty!:D It is appreciated, even the ones that aren't in favor.

I'm thinking I need to get a few filters to keep my sky nice and deep?

You could try a polarizing filter. Is that what the sky looked like when you shot the pic? Maybe you could try shooting closer to sunset.

Otherwise, I like the picture. I don't worry alot about composition in my photos. I try to frame it so that it looks good to me, but otherwise I don't put alot of thought into it.

My guitar teacher once told me after I played him a song I wrote, "If you like it, someone else will". I think that holds true with photography.

Most reactions

Back