Just fell in love with my D50 all over again!

BekahAura

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
reflectivephotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so even though I've had my Nikon D50 since 2006, and I've taken a bunch of classes on photography (mostly film) I've just started learning about off camera lighting, and everything more technical than shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.

I was looking into getting a new camera, but I decided to wait until I got my lighting equipment and learned what I could from it. My dad and I were looking at all the new Nikons and I was very disappointed at the flash sync speed on most of them.

I just assumed the sync speed on my D50 would be even more horrible. So I finally got the manual out and was shocked to see 1/500s. I couldn't believe it, I must be reading this wrong, I did a quick google search and was even more shocked to see that many people had discovered how to sync as high as 1/4000s! All because of my wonderful electronic shutter.

New camera, not too soon. Some speedlights, stands, and umbrellas - as soon as I finish reading the strobist blog. I can't wait to start using off camera lighting!!!

True. Im in the market for a 2nd backup body and im looking at the d70 just for this reason. I shoot alot of action midday with strobes and 1/500th really helps

There is a reason I still have my D50. I have 3 other DSLR's and the D50 is not going anywhere any time soon. It was a great learning camera for my wife. She is now used to the D300's (2) we have. But I have never considered trading it in or selling it. If low light is not an issue. Still a great camera.

Most reactions

Back