just for fun work in progress..

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what do we think? lol i wanted to play with this image.. so i'm sitting here extracting butterflies from a trip months back to a butterfly garden and working on this image. any suggestions??

danielabutterflyproject by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not a single comment? That bad? lol

To me it's blatantly obvious that it's a composite, it doesn't look bad, just 'made up'. I would suggest talking to some non-photographer friends and just asking them their thoughts.

Of course "it's a composite". It's absolutely wonderful. I love it--either with, or without the flare effect. What parent or grandparent wouldn't love to have a fanciful image like this of a darling daughter?

As far as suggestions, I think you might try moving the butterfly a bit higher, to more closely try to match her line of gaze.

I posted it to my FB page as is earlier and it was definitely well received! I was not going for realistic by any means.. totally fantasy style without making it tooooo ridiculously twinkly. Thanks! I had a tough time with the one butterfly's placement for sure. I will try it a bit higher and see what it looks like. I also have some other butterflies to "cut out" and maybe add in but wasn't sure whether to bother or not. lol

I think it is pretty dang cute

Looks great, instantly makes me think of a Huggies magazine cover or something.

I think it's great. To make this even more effective, IMHO, I'd move the darker butterfly down behind a fold in the blanket. Just a little bit...that will make it more believable. I do this whether it's a digital (Photoshop) project or when I paint.
Great job though.

I just viewed the original on your Flickr page and I noticed something else. The dark butterfly appears to be sitting on top of a fold that is out of focus. You may have wanted it to appear as if it was flying, or hovering, above the blanket, but since the legs also sort of look like they're touching the blanket, or almost, it appears to be just above that area that's out of focus. Another way to change it would be to 'burn in' a cast shadow on the blanket closer to the foreground.

Sorry if I'm being picky. You asked:) (and I've been creating Trompe L'oeil works for about 18 years and these are some of the techniques)

I just viewed the original on your Flickr page and I noticed something else. The dark butterfly appears to be sitting on top of a fold that is out of focus. You may have wanted it to appear as if it was flying, or hovering, above the blanket, but since the legs also sort of look like they're touching the blanket, or almost, it appears to be just above that area that's out of focus. Another way to change it would be to 'burn in' a cast shadow on the blanket closer to the foreground.

Sorry if I'm being picky. You asked:) (and I've been creating Trompe L'oeil works for about 18 years and these are some of the techniques)

Thank you!! No, really.. my attention to detail really lacks sometimes, and little bits like this are really helpful. I will have a look!

She looks like an angel and there is no words that can fulfill this picture caption.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back