CSC_0285.jpg

CSC_0383.jpg

CSC_0457.jpg

CSC_0487.jpg

CSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

Hi all!, I just got my camera yesterday, which is a Nikon D3000.
I'm open to any criticisms and all, because I want to improve my skills in photography.

Enjoy!

I know you're new here, I'll just give you a quick C&C. The images aren't all that. BUT don't take it the wrong way. This is something a lot of new camera owners do. They get a camera and take some pix and post them here for comments. Which is fine. Out of all the images, I do like 4 and 5. There's a lot to learn and don't be afraid to ask questions here as there are lots of nice people who are here to help you.

Sorry, hope I didn't sound like a big douche to you. Welcome to the forum BTW :)

I know you're new here, I'll just give you a quick C&C. The images aren't all that. BUT don't take it the wrong way. This is something a lot of new camera owners do. They get a camera and take some pix and post them here for comments. Which is fine. Out of all the images, I do like 4 and 5. There's a lot to learn and don't be afraid to ask questions here as there are lots of nice people who are here to help you.

Sorry, hope I didn't sound like a big douche to you. Welcome to the forum BTW :)
Haha yeah, im new here, just registered to post 'em up. But yeah, at least you did like something :D.

There really is a lot to learn, and I want to fully utilize my camera :).
I don't want to be a Pro photographer or anything, maybe sell some work in the future "Hopefully :lol:".

I wanna take pictures for fun and to share them to the whole world :D

i think they are exactly what you should be doing as a amateur photographer.. you shots show creativity..your obviously trying to explore various subject matters as well as focal lengths.

get a tripod... a decent one.. you def pay for what you get.. (unless you already have one) looks like a lot of your shots are hand held.. which is fine.. but if your gonna be doing marco shots like of the leaves and plants etc.. you'll get much better results.

check your PM

Read up on exposure and also how to use your Shutter Speed, ISO and Aperture to your advantage depending on the type of pic you are taking and how to use shutter speed to minimize camera shake.

Look up composition tips and tricks.

Don't post as many pics next time for C+C. I would post at most 5. You will get a higher amount of responses and more thorough responses.

You are starting off good as others said in terms of creativity, however, there is alot of issues relating to these things I just mentioned. There are tons of resources on google, as well as these forums. Do a little digging. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply guys, appreciate that.

I took all of the pictures without knowing that my VR is OFF. Which is a very dumb thing to do xD.

Oh, 5 pics at max.. Ok thanks xD, I'm gonna post more in the future, but I'll post better ones! !

Thanks again!

Well... nice snapshots at least...

Go read this blog. It's what most effectively taught me how to tame my camera after I bought it. Then PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE... but don't let that seem like a chore. Have FUN with your photography, all the while using that fun as photography exercises.

I think your strongest picture is #5, although it's a bit under exposed and could use some more contrast.

Most of the others don't do much for me. Definitely read up on image composition, as mentioned, especially the "rule of thirds". Also, google the "exposure triangle". Those should help you get better in no time.

And +1 about the tripod (and about only posting 5 pictures, lol). I bring mine with me everywhere. Even a cheapy is better than nothing. Mine doesn't even have a quick release.

Welcome to the forums!

Here's a way to improve your stuff:

Plan => Do => Review => Adjust

If you're trying to learn about your camera, take a feature, read up on it, think about the kind of shots that you'd like to do with the feature, then plan the shot(s).

Do them.

Bring them back home and stick them up on your computer. Did you get what you wanted? Did they look "right"? Did you get any that made you say "Wow"? Did you have some where you said "Ugh." So what happened when you got the Wow shots and what happened to give you the UGh shots? Figure it out, learn the lessons, and then...

Plan the next series, incorporating what you just learned.

If you're good at critically looking at your stuff, you'll learn quickly. If they are all masterpieces.... you won't.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see your progress...

to me the pics looks a little bit soft. i like how ur being creative with ur work, thats wat its all about.

keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back