Just in case you were missing my Osprey

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've accumulated many more Osprey since last my last post. Figured I would share some new ones.. as always comments welcome..

Juvi Osprey with breakfast 1 8_14 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

2 Wide open at 600mm, ISO 4000.. Can't complain too much considering the light..
Osprey Dive 8_12 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

3 couldn't quite manage to hold onto both fish
Osprey two-fer 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

Osprey shrug 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

5 Through the woods we go
Osprey through the forest 8_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

6 Oops guess this one is a snowy egret :)
Snowy Egret Splash 8_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

They all have the wow factor. but for me #2 is WOW! And #6 is gorgeous.

Amazing as always. Still waiting on the go pro footage :)

The standard never drops - wow!

Wow great I like 6 the best.

Can't believe the osprey tried 2 fish that size at once. I bet you wish you got him flying some with one that size in each talon. I'm sure you will one day

#2 is such an awesome capture. They are all fantastic but #2 is def my favorite!

Wouldn't you love to know what it was thinking in #4 lol

Great set as always Kris :thumbup:

They all have the wow factor. but for me #2 is WOW! And #6 is gorgeous.
Thank you :)

Amazing as always. Still waiting on the go pro footage :)
Oh do you need my shipping address? :D

The standard never drops - wow!
I am super persistent lol..
Wow great I like 6 the best.

Can't believe the osprey tried 2 fish that size at once. I bet you wish you got him flying some with one that size in each talon. I'm sure you will one day
Thank you Matt! I really want a close up two-fer. Just need the right wind, plenty of fish and a cooperative Osprey, lol

#2 is such an awesome capture. They are all fantastic but #2 is def my favorite!
Thank you!
Wouldn't you love to know what it was thinking in #4 lol
Great set as always Kris :thumbup:
It was a very strange look for sure.. That's why a choose that image. She was also blinking at the same time...

You did it again
Thank you Rosy :)

I shot a portrait session yesterday morning by the Columbia River, and an osprey there had two babies perched on a big piling cluster, and he/she was catching tiny yellow perch and feeding the juveniles...we're talking like 5 inch perch! Two local boys about 10 or 11 years old were also fishing the same spot, a slack water spot just below a good-sized marina in the town of St. Helens, where the water surface was very smooth. There were a LOT of perch there! The boys were catching 8-10 inch ones, but the osprey was wailing on dinky 4- to 5-inch baby perch, although late in the day she/he did manage to catch a walleye of maybe 2 pounds!!! There appeared to me to be a proverbial %hi+-ton of small perch in the quiet water below the marina, which the walleye must've been feeding on, causing several big boils of perch and lots of walleye splashing on top.My subject was unaware of the whole osprey=fish-eating bird thing...your name and obsession with this species came up! Seeing this scene made me think of you!

I shot a portrait session yesterday morning by the Columbia River, and an osprey there had two babies perched on a big piling cluster, and he/she was catching tiny yellow perch and feeding the juveniles...we're talking like 5 inch perch! Two local boys about 10 or 11 years old were also fishing the same spot, a slack water spot just below a good-sized marina in the town of St. Helens, where the water surface was very smooth. There were a LOT of perch there! The boys were catching 8-10 inch ones, but the osprey was wailing on dinky 4- to 5-inch baby perch, although late in the day she/he did manage to catch a walleye of maybe 2 pounds!!! There appeared to me to be a proverbial %hi+-ton of small perch in the quiet water below the marina, which the walleye must've been feeding on, causing several big boils of perch and lots of walleye splashing on top.My subject was unaware of the whole osprey=fish-eating bird thing...your name and obsession with this species came up! Seeing this scene made me think of you!

Wish I could have photographed that! Yellow perch are so colorful, they would look awesome in an Osreys talons!

$D3X_4218_1600x.jpg

$D3X_4218_1600x-2.jpg

Kris, great shots. That second one is just fantastic - talk about being in the right place and the right time - you always seem to manage both. Love the water action in the Egret pic.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back