Just looking for feedback

trolling eh

I'm trying too lol I just want some feedback

You really need to post your photos here.
From Flickr it's easy

On your flickr page, under SHARE, 1) check the BBC code, 2) pick a size, 3) copy the BBC code and paste it into a message box.

shareb.jpg

The_Traveler said:
From Flickr it's easy

On your flickr page, under SHARE, 1) check the BBC code, 2) pick a size, 3) copy the BBC code and paste it into a message box.

Thank you

Honestly, as soon as I looked, I had no idea where to look. Seems to be a lot going on in this picture. Nothing really stands out to me. just my $0.02

From Flickr it's easy

shareb.jpg

I must say that I have been impressed with this screen shot over the past few days!

Uninterestingt, sorry.

Reason for the photograph of whatever it is ?

There is too much going on with this photo. What was your focus? What was the story you wanted to tell with this photo?

Reason for the photograph of whatever it is ?

I think that's an interesting comment to learn from for us newbies.

When I looked at this picture, I also couldn't detect what it is about at first. But remembering the link name, it says 'Boy after Christmas', so yeah, there is that boy, a bit tiny
but not easy to detect at first glance.

Then after looking closer, there also seems to be a Christmas tree hidden behind the fountain.
Could be that the picture in B&W does also not help, in color that tree might be more apparent?

So, as I read into this and the comments so far, composition and story telling (christmas spirit?) is what's lacking most here?

I read the title first and my first thought was "What boy?"

I finally saw him on the extreme right edge of the frame.

A basic compositional concept used in the visual arts is 'visual weight'.

Bigger things in the image frame have more visual weight than smaller things. The four ntersections of the Rule Of Thirds (ROT) lines are called 'power points' for a reason. Image elements you want to have significant visual weight can but placed there. It would seem logical the middle of the frame would be a 'power point', but it's not. It's one of the weakest parts of the frame, because it lacks the tension and drama the ROT power points provide.

Here is a good, but inexpensive book, if you don't already have it - The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos

Some links::
Principles of Good Design: Space, Art Lesson #8
10 Top Photography Composition Rules | Photography Mad
Advanced Composition -- Part I

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Now without having technical photographic experience, but from life experience, wouldn't it be very important to glance a view of the kids face, one way or another, or at least a hint of his state of mind?

From this theme I would expect one of a few possibilities: Either the boy is very happy or disappointed (no gift, bad gift), or maybe sad (no family, Christmas time is over etc.)?

None of this is told in this picture ... Can't see his face, so what's his feeling?

Or do I start to think too much in to it now? ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back