Just might go to B&H in person....

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going after work to pick up a D300. I been thinking about this for a few months and can't seem to talk myself out of it. Im just going to bite the bullit and free my mind of this mental debate. lol. Im going from a great 40Dx to a D300. I have pretty good glass so it should be a good match with this camera. I wonder if I can get a good deal if I beg in person but maybe not. :lol:

D300. Personally, I have been more than satisfied with the camera. I shot between my 40D and D70 at events (I know, I know... I should stick to one or the other...) but now all I use is the D300. Hopefully you find a good deal on yours, I bought mine via an Amazon package.

-Ron
http://www.ronparksphotography.com

going to B&h in person is soo fun.........I could spend for ever in there

I can't get over what a freaking mad house that place was! Keep in mind I never been in the place before and I thought I just walk in and buy it quick. Boy was I mistaken It took me 10 min just to get my bearings. I felt like I was at the airport on thanksgiving trying to catch my flight home lol. I could not even find the camera section without help. Then when I did find it you had to wait on line to even talk to a guy at the counter. This felt like the DMV at this point. Oh and by the way I parked my car in a spot that was subject to a ticket thinking I will be in and out. So once a window is open you make your way to it. Window 53 was my spot. yeah they had about 60 camera people helping customers behind the counter and a tons of others on the walking the floor. Once I was with the guy who was more than helpful everything went smooth. We even talked about the bad economy but by looking around you would think everyone hit lotto that morning.

Anyway im charging the batteries as I type this and have some reading to do.

Congrats on the new camera. The D300 is awesome. Oddly enough all the chaos you described makes me wish I could actually go to B&H even more. :)

Well I felt rushed but with time I can see spending alot of time there looking around. I guess if they make it they have it. Pretty impressive.

The sales man was telling me they used to do the phone orders on the upstairs part but now they moved a few blocks down and rented 4 stories in a building for that now.

Yes, but they also make mucho bucks in revenue to justify that rental :p

I can't get over what a freaking mad house that place was! Keep in mind I never been in the place before and I thought I just walk in and buy it quick. Boy was I mistaken It took me 10 min just to get my bearings. I felt like I was at the airport on thanksgiving trying to catch my flight home lol. I could not even find the camera section without help. Then when I did find it you had to wait on line to even talk to a guy at the counter. This felt like the DMV at this point. Oh and by the way I parked my car in a spot that was subject to a ticket thinking I will be in and out. So once a window is open you make your way to it. Window 53 was my spot. yeah they had about 60 camera people helping customers behind the counter and a tons of others on the walking the floor. Once I was with the guy who was more than helpful everything went smooth. We even talked about the bad economy but by looking around you would think everyone hit lotto that morning.

Anyway im charging the batteries as I type this and have some reading to do.

Yeah thats the way I felt too.

I asked the counter sales man how many people are working at the store at that minute and was told 150-200 and they bring in more for the holidays. Thats 150-200 all day long, not total employees.

Congrats on the new camera.

Hearing all of this makes me really impressed with how good and fast their service is. Anytime I order something it's always shipped really quick which is impressive if it's that Chaotic. Plus the service is usually bad with a place like that but their service is always top notch.

I'm glad I don't live near B&H or you guys would probably see me outside trying to sell a kidney or something.

Most reactions

Back