Just Ordered the Brick! (24-70 f2.8)

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Woohoo.
This will be my first L lens and I'm really looking forward to shooting with it. So the question that has been asked 10000 times.....protective filter or no filter......

Congrats on the new purchase - I'm sure you'll enjoy the h*** outta that piece of glass. I'm a 'nothing in front of the lens except what god and the optical designers put there". IF you really want a "protective" filter, don't get an UV filter, rather a clear one, and make sure it's a top-of-the-line, B+W, Heliopan, Lee or similar. You've got top-end glass, why handicap it by putting a $50 piece of cheap ****y filter in front of it?

I agree with tirediron. We don't need no stinking filter.
The first time I tried using a protective filter, it screwed
up my moon shots. They make great clay pigeons...

decisions decisions....

I shoot landscapes with the same lens outside a lot. The hood is all you will need. You may use a polarizer with it if you also shoot landscapes, but a UV filter is not necessary.

Congrats on the new purchase - I'm sure you'll enjoy the h*** outta that piece of glass. I'm a 'nothing in front of the lens except what god and the optical designers put there". IF you really want a "protective" filter, don't get an UV filter, rather a clear one, and make sure it's a top-of-the-line, B+W, Heliopan, Lee or similar. You've got top-end glass, why handicap it by putting a $50 piece of cheap ****y filter in front of it?

Couldn't Agree more!

lol...dont need to start a tea party over a filter

Most reactions

Back